Author Interview - Alessandra Torre on Sex Love Repeat

After reading Sex Love Repeat, I just HAD to find some things out about the incredible author that is Alessandra Torre. I was lucky enough to ask her ten questions, and I loved her answers! Here they are book lovers!


(Alessandra Torre - Author of Sex Love Repeat)


1.) Where did you get the idea for Sex Love Repeat from? 

I have always been fascinated by people who lead double lives. This book explored a woman who has two separate romances at the same time, but without cheating or lies. I wanted to know if this was a viable possibility, and where a dual romance like that would go. 




2.) Have you always wanted to write in the Romance/Erotica genre? If so, why? And if not, what changed your mind? 

I have never been a romance or erotica reader. The only erotica I read was little paperbacks I'd pick up at sex shops. I've always read thrillers and suspense books. So it was really odd that, when I sat down to write my first book (Blindfolded Innocence) - out popped an erotic romance. I moved back to my roots with my second book, The Girl in 6E, but have developed a fondness for romance. I will stay in the erotic romance genre for all long as the ideas keep flowing. 

3.) Are any of your characters based on real people? 


I, throughout writing this book, had Blake Lively in my head as Madison. I think that's because of the movie Savages, and how she seamlessly carried on a relationship with two men in that movie. The only characters I have ever based on real people would be the couple in Blindfolded Innocence. That is definitely based on me and my husband, and our relationship dynamic, which is based on a lot of wit and connection.




4.) You are amazingly good at writing your sex scenes! Is there anything you do to help you write them so well? What tips would you give to other hopeful Romance/Erotica writers?  

That is so kind of you! Hmm…. How to write hot sex. I have trouble writing a scene in which the scenario doesn't personally turn me on. So I probably won't ever write about anal sex, or double penetration, or heavy bdsm. I think the most important thing is to imagine yourself in the situation, and how you would want the man to touch, fuck, and talk to you. Every woman is different, so you will never be able to touch every reader. But I think its important to throw caution to the wind and run full force into your fantasies. Even if it means the neighbors now cross the road to avoid conversation. :)


5.) I've read that you initially self-published your first novel, 'Blindfolded Innocence'. How did it feel sharing your creation with the world? Were you nervous? 


I went into self-publishing blind, so I really didn't know enough to be nervous! I honestly had very low expectations. I wrote Blindfolded in 6 weeks, spent about 2 weeks cleaning it up, and then stuck it on Kindle. I think I had three sales the first day, which all turned out to be my husband, logging on through his work and personal accounts, and buying the book so that I would feel special. NO ONE, and I mean no one, other than the two of us, were aware of the book. I had no idea of how it would be received, had no idea if it was incredible, horrible, or boring as hell. When my first review hit Amazon and a stranger said that they loved it, it was a really great moment. They also mentioned that I had no website, no Goodreads or Facebook page, and they had no idea how to find out more about me. That kicked us into gear and I started creating a brand at that time. My nerves came later, when family and friends started to find out about the book, and it really started to gain traction. 




6.) Have you ever been in the position that your main character Madison was in? Loving two guys at the same time? 

Thank God, no. The closest I came to that was in high school, where'd I'd have 'crushes' on two guys at once, neither of which had any interest whatsoever in my scrawny ass. Thankfully, for me — once I met my husband, it changed the way I looked at any other man. No one else could come close. 

7.) Have you always wanted to be a writer, or did you have other plans? 

I never ever expected to be a writer. I would never have gone through the traditional process of sending a manuscript out and being rejected a hundred times. I always LOVED to read, but never saw a viable career in that. I always thought I'd work in hotels or possibly web design. 

8.) I read on your bio that you love watching movies! Any particular favourites?  

Wow. Tough question. I love:

-Forgetting Sarah Marshall
-Paul
-Transformers
-Django UnChained




9.) What's your ultimate dream? 


To be a New York Times Bestselling Author, and to have one of my books made into a movie. 





10.) Last but not least, if you could bring one of your characters to life from Sex Love Repeat, who would it be and why? 

Dana. Paul or Stewart would be too tempting for me, and Madison is so perfect I'd want to throttle her. Dana and I could drink tequila and discuss penis sizes and pet peeves. 

Thanks for these great questions, I had a fabulous time with them!!

                            

Author Bio:
Alessandra Torre is a author who focuses on contemporary erotica. Her first book, Blindfolded Innocence, was published in July 2012, and was an Erotica #1 Bestseller for two weeks. Alessandra lives on the beach in Florida and is married, with one young child. She enjoys reading, spending time with her family, and playing with her dogs. Her favorite authors include Lisa Gardner, Gillian Flynn, and Jennifer Crusie. Learn more about Alessandra on her website at www.alessandratorre.com.

Author Links: 
Email her at alessandratorre4@gmail.com
 * Like her on facebook
 * Follow her on twitter
 * Fan her at www.goodreads.com/AlessandraTorre
 * Follow her on pinterest

You can also click here to read my review on Sex Love Repeat. 
Thanks again Alessandra! 
xxx






Post a Comment