Sex Love Repeat by Alessandra Torre

"His voice should never be heard in tandem with Paul's, their presences should never be intersected, much least raised in tandem in what sounds to be an argument."





The blurb 

I love two men. I screw two men. I am in a relationship with them both, and they are both aware there is another. That is all that they need to know, that is all that I let them know. They don't need to know a name; they don't need to know anything, but that they are not alone in my heart. 

They have accepted the situation. Stewart, because his life is too busy for the sort of obligations that are required in a relationship. Paul, because he loves me too much to tell me no. And because my sexual appetite is such that one man has trouble keeping up. 

So we exist, two parallel relationships, each running their own course, with no need for intersection or conflict. It works for us, for them, and for me. I don't expect it to be a long-term situation. I know there is an expiration date on the easy perfection of our lives. 

I should have paid more attention, should have looked around and noticed the woman who watched it all. She sat in the background and waited, tried to figure me out. Saw my two relationships, the love between us, and the moment that it all fell apart. 

She hates me. 
I don't even know she exists. 
She loves them. I love them. 
And they love me. 

Everything else hangs in the balance. 

Becca's thoughts

I received Sex Love Repeat by Alessandra Torre as a free copy via Net Galley for an honest review.
I read it on my Kindle and I loved it. Like seriously loved it. 

So firstly, from the blurb, you get that Madison is in love with two guys, Stewart and Paul. My first reaction to this went along the lines of, "Oh no. This is going to be one of those kinky, crazy stories involving threesomes and orgies..." 
Nope. It's nothing like that, and you kinda realise it once you get to the ending of the blurb, and you're told about this "other woman". Just listen to me okay? It is NOT what you think. The story line in Sex Love Repeat is completely and utterly insane, and I sat in a state of shock once the twist was revealed to me. I remained in this state of shock until it came to an end. It is THAT good. 

Sex Love Repeat is written in first person, and we get to hear everything from Madison's point of view the majority of the time. But what I loved, and I mean REALLY LOVED was how small parts pop up in the story where we get a glimpse from one of the men's point of views, and also the other woman's. (Again, believe me, it is NOT what you think! I repeat, it is NOT what you think) It makes the story so enjoyable and there's nothing better than getting a sneaky peek into the weird and wonderful mind of a male, right ladies? ;)

Madison was a great character. Not going to lie, when I first started it I became judgmental and automatically assumed she was a cheating little s***, which was incredibly wrong of me to do. There is so much depth and reason to Madison, and until you read on and learn about her circumstances and what actually happens to get her into the position that she's in, you'll probably think the same too. Madison is a sex-a-holic. She loves it. She doesn't understand how society can frown upon a woman who loves sex. She lost her virginity at an incredibly young age and she describes her first sexual encounter by telling the reader, "It was the best forty-two seconds of my life thus far." Madison had an amazing childhood, surrounded by mansions, Dior and Versace. She was, in a sense, a spoiled brat, until her father killed himself and then everything went downhill from there. She was dropped into normality. Her luxuries came to an end, and she was left with no choice but to live a normal, regular life. Once the story really gets going, you finally realise that Madison isn't really that bad of a person. She's down-to-earth, does normal everyday things. The only thing that really makes her any different is that she is in love with two men. But if you sit down and really think about it, there's got to be more than one woman in the world who has loved two men, so it's not really all that shocking. 

The first guy that I want to introduce you to is Stewart. Stewart is a work-a-holic AS WELL AS a sex-a-holic. He loves to fuck and he loves to work. Working is in his blood, it's constantly on his mind and he doesn't have time for all of the things that a relationship entails, like long walks, spooning and going on holidays. Madison loves Stewart for this side of her double relationship. There's nothing that's very "loving" about how he has sex with Madison. For example -

"His brand of fucking is relentless, strong fucks in which he devours my body without restraint. It is what I have come here for, it is what I want. I need the domination, the edge of insanity that he barely holds in check."

He's rough, he likes to be in control and he is bossy. He comes from the same genre of men as Mr Christian Grey so you can kinda get a feel for him from that. The crazy thing is, Madison knew when they first got involved with each other that she would always come second best to his career. She knew there would be no "relationshippy" things between them. It was sex. Hard, rough sex. And that's the way she likes it. 

Paul is in a completely different league to Stewart. He's a surfer, always relaxed, carefree and enjoys life. Paul and Madison live together, and they do do the "relationshippy" things. I love how they met, queuing for a roller coaster at the Santa Monica pier, and it just stemmed from there. There was chemistry fizzling between them both and they end up being seated next to each on the ride. I'll leave the next part to your imagination. They come home to each other, eat their dinner together and lie in each other's arms. Of course they have sex but it's not as brutal as it is with Stewart. It's loving, and Madison knows there's a difference between the two. 

The two men that Madison is in love with are completely different. The way they act, the way they have sex, the way they look at life. Throughout the story, Madison continuously says that she knows this "thing" is a time-bomb, that one day something will happen and the perfection will all come to an end. All that I can say to that is you will just have to read it and find out for yourself. 

This book had me completely enthralled. Every inch of it was dripping with curiosity and excitement. With such an usual plot-twist, it really does blow you away. It's best for you to be at least 18+ if you're planning to read this. There's a lot of dirty scenes, and it's very visual. It's just so different, something that I have never read about in a book before, and I really, really want to share it with my fellow readers. I can honestly say, you will LOVE it, and I hope just as much as I did. Insane, crazy, it really blows your head off. 

Alessandra Torre, what a creation. I can't give Sex Love Repeat a high enough rating, so I'm going with an incredibly worthy 10/10. 

To find out some more about Alessandra Torre, read my interview with her by clicking below!


Sex Love Repeat will be made available on December 1st, 2013. 
Buying links will be added at a further date. 



   













Post a Comment