The Time Until by Casey Ford

"My mom says everyone needs someone. Well, you're mine. Now you need me."


The blurb

Alan Green and Samantha Cohn have known each other for as long as both can remember. They have a special relationship that has grown far beyond mere friendship.Inseparable, Al and Sam have spent their lives with one another—from childhood secrets, through awkward teenage years, to finding themselves as adults—it’s always been the two of them together.
When unexpected tragedy hits, and Sam is left fighting for her life, Alan can only watch and wait. Left alone without his best friend, Alan spends his time reliving his past, ensnared in the memories of the chaotic relationship with the girl that stole his heart.
How would you spend the time until?
Becca's thoughts

I just need to put this out there. This is the most emotional book I have read in a long time, and I mean it. I was an emotional mess whilst reading The Time Until and Casey Ford deserves nothing but the highest praise for this amazing story. Love, friendship and tragedy, this is the story that will make you hold your loved ones tighter, because you just don't know what is around the corner. 

The Time Until is given to the reader in first person, all from Alan's point of view, which I absolutely LOVED because I rarely read a book that is written from a male perspective. It's not that I don't choose to, it's because there's a lot more women writers in this genre than men. Reading from Alan's point of view was a refreshing change and really added to how much I enjoyed the story. 

The structure of The Time Until was out of this world. Casey Ford jumps back and forth between the present and the past, letting the reader in on all of the details from Alan and Samantha's past, starting right back when they first meet in Kindergarten, at the tender age of only five years old. This carries on as the story progresses and it has a beautiful effect, allowing us to begin right at the beginning with them. 

The characters in The Time Until are exceptional. 
Alan Green is the main character and through Alan the reader is able to relive all of his memories and feel his emotions with him. Alan seemed like a very sensitive guy. He cares about Samantha deeply and they have such a beautiful connection with each other. Alan decides that he is love with Samantha from an early age, and I was wondering whether it would eventually wear off, but it doesn't. No matter what happens, Sam is ALWAYS Alan's first priority, and no one is able to get in the way of the overwhelming love that lies between them. 

Samantha is a vibrant, energetic care-free girl/woman. From the moment they meet, Samantha takes charge and Alan follows her lead. 

"I got it" she announces, her face brightening up slightly as if she just thought of something really good. "My name's Sam and from now on you're mine."

Once their friendship begins, there is no parting them, even though both of their parents do try. Sam endearingly refers to Alan as a "pansy", but Alan doesn't really mind. He loves having Sam around, and it doesn't change as they get older. With their bond blossoming from such a young age, it is just so incredibly strong, there are no words to even describe it. 

Casey Ford really sets the tone in the story, making it sombre, emotional and incredibly grim. There's a lot of nostalgia too, as Alan constantly looks back to his past, bringing up old memories of himself and Sam in better times. The whole story just plays with your emotions, taking you to a place of happiness and then dropping you back into the present, which is depressing and grey.

I'm giving the unforgettable The Time Until a well deserved 10/10 rating. This book is honestly something else, and I advise everyone to read it. Not only is it a beautiful story, but it's incredibly thought provoking too. As I said at the beginning, it makes you want to grab all of your loved ones, hold tight and never let go. HUGE high five to Casey Ford, what an amazing story. 

If you would like to know more about the author, I have been able to include his bio too!

Author Bio

I like to write and love just about anything romance [Except triangles, I hate triangles.... Oh! And Squares! They're the worst].
Anyway, I live with my wife and two kids in good ole U.S.of A. and I actually work full time as a Graphic Designer. I write to relieve stress and because I like to create stories.
The Time Until is my first book and it's both a joy and a chore to write.
Buying links!
Kindle
Paperback 









2 comments :

  1. AMAZING REVIEW BECCA! i loved it... Your going on my list of favorite bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aurwh, thank you so much Casey! I absolutely adored your novel, and to think that this is your first? Wow! You've got so much ahead of you, I cannot wait to read any future novels that you create, just incredible. Thanks so much for reading my review, I personally don't think that I have done your beautiful story justice, it was incredible.

    ReplyDelete