For Nick by Taylor Dean

"Work as if everything depends upon you, pray as if everything depends upon God."


Title - For Nick
Publication Date - June 28th 2013
Publisher - CreateSpace 
Format - Kindle Edition
Pages - 297

The blurb

Zachary Drake had love in his life - and tragically lost it. He knows it won't come his way again. Andie Parker would do anything for the love of her life. 

Even marry a total stranger. 

In spite of the unorthodox manner in Zach and Andie come together, there is no denying that things are unexpectedly good between them, taking them both by surprise. However, when secrets come between them - and trust does not - Andie soon finds herself vowing to never make the same mistake again. But, she'd do it again in a heartbeat and she knows it. She'd marry a hundred strangers if it helped Nick. 

She'd do anything for Nick... anything. 

Becca's thoughts

This story was probably the most emotional one that I have read in a while. I was blubbing in my bed at 2am. Everything about it was perfect, keeping me enthralled and intrigued and I couldn't bear to put it down. 

The characters in For Nick were okay. I think because the plot has such an amazing twist, the author may have chosen to let it slack with the characters a little. They were average, I was just about able to manage drawing up a faint image of the two main characters, Andie and Zach, in my head, but I felt like I didn't really know too much about the characters themselves - more about their circumstances and situations. Nevertheless, it didn't put me off the story too much and I still managed to enjoy it. Andie came across as a genuine, caring, kind hearted woman and hid a huge secret, throughout the entirety of the book. This drove me crazy and I couldn't WAIT to find out what this secret was. There's always hints being dropped right at the beginning of the story, but there's also the biggest hint of all, which is the title. The mysterious character of Nick is constantly referred too - "She was going to see Nick", "She loved Nick", and "She'd do anything for Nick." It constantly keeps you on your toes and my mind was going crazy trying to figure out who the hell this freaking Nick was! Trust me, it's not at all what it seems. 

I loved how the story played out. The way Andie and Zach met was rather unreal but I lapped it up completely. To be able to access his grandfather's company Zach has to stay married for one year. Little did he know that he'd end up falling in love along the way. Unfortunately, Andie's secret eventually wedges itself between them, and things start to gently fall apart. With Andie disappearing most days, Zach becomes curious about where she's going. Following her one day, he catches her with someone. As I said, this story is not at all what it seems. I was dying with anticipitation, just to see what was around the corner and what was going to happen. 

You get to experience For Nick from both Andie's and Zach's POV, which is always fun! A male and female's point of view tends to differ so it was rather funny in places.

I'm giving For Nick a brilliant rating of 9/10 - the markdown is for the fact that once you read this story once and the twist is revealed, the chances of you reading it again are very low. The entire book was a build up to an amazing end, so there'd be no chance of reading it and feeling the way you did the first time around. Overall, it was a great story. I also found it quite short and got through it really quickly. The story itself also progresses rather quickly which is always good as you don't have to sit around and wait for something drastic to happen. My emotions completely took over me with this book, tears were flying down my cheeks at a rapid speed, but I just couldn't help it. A beautiful, beautiful story, one that everybody should read at least once. 


   



Post a Comment