Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place by Portia Macintosh

"Fine." Well, what else can I do? I need that phone, so it's bye-bye favourite dress.


Title - Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place
Author - Portia Macintosh 
Publication Date - February 20th 2014
Publisher - Carina 
Format - Kindle Edition 

The blurb
(Amazon UK)

Behind the music... 

Being best-friends with a mega-star has its perks and Nicole Wilde, music journalist, laps them up. But when said friend, Dylan King, the gorgeous lead singer of The Burnouts, has zero sense of self-preservation - once a drop of alcohol hits his blood stream - and an ability to keep 'little Dylan' in his pants, it also comes with responsibilities. 

Now, Nicole has to track down Dylan in time to play a charity gig tomorrow Half a dozen groupies, a hunted hotel, a tattoo parlour, a reality show runner-up and a crazy bed-hopping, sleepless night later - will she find him before the tour bus leaves town? And when she does, is it time to head home? Or to jump on the tour bus and go along for the ride!

Becca's thoughts
(Received from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review)

I absolutely loved reading Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place! It was fun, fast-paced and full of adventure, as well as a few gorgeous guys. 

So the story begins at a festival that the main character, Nicole Wilde, is attending. When she attempts to find the lead-singer of Burnouts, Dylan King, everything goes tits up. From there on, Nicole is taken on a wild goose chase in search of the famous Mr King. Her little adventure includes a ton of hilarious situations, some a little creepy and some just plain insane. You get to meet a ton of different characters, including annoying groupies as well as a hot reality show runner-up, who decides to help Nicole in her never-ending hunt for Dylan King. 

Firstly, I just want to express how much I LOVE the cover for Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place. I think it depicts the story perfectly, whilst still keeping that little feminine spark that we love, with the attractive font and colours. 

The story itself was made a very entertaining and amusing read. It made me giggle non-stop and I really got a glimpse of stressful working for a rock star could maybe be! For me, the story was a quick-read. It's not a huge book but I think it's the perfect size for what is involved. I read the book in less that a day and loved the comedy that the author added into it. 

The characters really were awesome. I loved Nicole Wilde, the main character. I really do feel sorry for her, having to run around trying to find Dylan. But it's full of mischief and fun so I get the impression that she really doesn't mind that much. She even sacrifices one of her favourite dresses just so she can grab a little information for where Dylan was last seen.

Well, you don't really see much of Dylan King in the story itself, seeing as Nicole is chasing him around for the majority of it. But you hear a lot about him from the other characters that you meet in the story instead. He likes to sleep around. ALOT. Nicole chases after him like a dog chasing it's own tail and just ends up going round and round in circles. 

Basically, I really enjoyed this book! The characters, the story, the pace, everything was brilliant! I'm going to rate Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place with a wonderful 8/10! I loved it! It kept my turning the pages and I think I read most of it with an amused grin on my face. It's brilliant!






Post a Comment