Kaleidoscope by Kristen Ashley

"I hope you're here because you want to be here and not here because you feel you have to be out of some old-acquaintance duty."



The blurb

When old friends become new lovers... anything can happen. 

Sexy, gifted, and loyal, PI Jacob Decker is a tall, cool drink of a perfection 
who had Emmanuelle Holmes at "hello." His relationship with Emme's 
best friend kept them apart for years, but things have changed. Now that
a case has brought him to Gnaw Bone, Colorado, the road is wide open for
Emme and Deck to explore something hotter and deeper than Emme 
dreamed possible. So why is she sabotaging the best thing that's ever 
happened to her? 

It isn't easy to catch Deck off guard, but Emme does just that when she
walks back into his life after nine long years. The curvy brunette had her
charms back in the day, but now she's a bona-fide knock out... and she
wants to rekindle their friendship. Deck, however, wants more. Emme's
always been the one; she excites Deck's body and mind like no other woman can.
But a dark chapter from Emme's past overshadows their future together
Now only Deck can help her turn the page - if she'll let him.

Becca's thoughts

Oh my actual god. I just need to say a massive thank you to the author Kristen Ashley for creating the masterpiece that is Jacob Decker, but also to the publishers for allowing me early access to Kaleidoscope via Net Galley. I loved this and I feel very privileged to be one of those people who have had the chance to read before being published.

The story within Kaleidoscope is action packed and very entertaining. It keeps you hooked and I found it rather impossible to keep away from my Kindle from the moment I began reading it. As well as being a steamy romance, there's a little crime in here too which makes it even more enjoyable. I surprised myself actually because normally crime does nothing for me in terms of reading but with the characters involved too, and the different scenarios taking place, I loved it entirely.

Jacob Decker and Emmanuelle Holmes are now way up there with my favourite fictional couples. What makes them even more lovable is the fact that their relationship goes way back and you're constantly conscious of an underlying connection between them both. From the moment they meet, there's chemistry sizzling and bubbling underneath the surface and I found myself gripping my Kindle rather firmly waiting for the tension to finally pop. When it did, I was not disappointed. Due to Jacob and Emme's intense attraction, every scene that involved them having sex was pretty mind blowing.

Jacob Decker (Deck) is one of those bad-ass alpha males with a body built like a Greek god. He's all muscle, broad shoulders and masculine charm, and similar to Emme, I kinda fell for him from the minute Kristen Ashley introduced him. Deck is very bossy but in a sexy kinda' way and he's very protective of what's his. This also goes for "his girl" too, and the fact that he calls Emme his "baby" melts me! He swears practically all the time, loses his temper now and again, but cares incredibly deeply for anyone who is involved in his life. From the get go, Deck decides that Emme is going to be his, and he won't let anyone or anything get in the way of that. He guards Emme with his life, and it is absolutely adorable. He's also the ultimate lover who gives Emme everything that she has never had and more, putting his all into giving her new experiences and answering her every desire.

Emmanuelle Holmes (Emme) is Deck's girl and she's had a troubled past which Deck doesn't know much about. When they meet for the first time after their nine year gap, Emme has completely changed from how Deck remembers her. He wonders what's caused the change in her, but doesn't ever push Emme into telling him about him. Emme is cautious about who she opens up to, constantly thinking that she's going to lose them. From past events, she knows she can't cope with anything like that ever again. Meeting Deck, Emme can't believe where their new found connection is taking them. She has always had a thing for Deck, but her ex best-friend Elsbeth got in the way of anything ever happening between the two of them. Now that they're both older and both available, (well, kinda) new paths are open for them, and Emme is frightened about choosing which one to take. But she knows, whichever one she does choose, Deck will be right beside her.

I loved watching as their relationship blossomed from friendship to something extra-special. It was emotional at parts, heated at other's and gut wrenching when it wasn't something else. EVERYTHING about the story had me gripped and of course, like any normal relationship, there's ups and downs between them too.

Another fantastic part of Kaleidoscope is how it's structured. Each new chapter begins with a different characters POV, so you get to see things from Deck's point of view (I always love hearing things from a males side) as well as Emme's and even a few others. Another bonus is a few chapters begin part way through a love scene between Emme and Deck, so you're thrown right into the action. Trust me, it's very hard to put this book down. Or Kindle. Or however you choose to read it.

All that I can say to sum this up is that it's one hell of a story and I'd gladly re-read it again. The connection, the chemistry, the dialogue. I just adored every aspect. I'd recommend this one to anyone who loves a steamy romance, a little crime and a fictional couple who just swallow you up. I was so immersed in this story it was unbelievable and I'm not going to hesitate to award it 10/10.

Deck and Emme, I ADORE YOU!
I really hope there's a sequel to these two.

Buying links

(Buying links shall be added once available)



Post a Comment