This Regret by Victoria Ashley

"I always knew that she was going to be beautiful, but damn, she blows my mind. She's no longer that sweet, lanky fifteen year old girl that I used to protect. No, now she's blossomed into a full grown woman, taking my breath away."


Title - This Regret 
Author - Victoria Ashley 
Publication Date - February 28th 2014

The blurb

Phoenix has been stumbling through life since her brother Adric's tragic death but after eight years, she is finally piecing what remains together. She has a nice apartment, a steady job and not to mention a fresh new 'relationship' with her childhood friend, Kade Haze. He's the sexy boy next door she never even dreamed of falling for, but can't seem to stop the pull she feels toward him.

Just when life began to make sense again and a feeling of normalcy was on the horizon, Phoenix's carefully constructed walls come crashing down. 

When walking into the tattoo shop one day, the last thing she's expecting to see is Kellan Haze, Adric's best friend no one has seen or heard from since the day they found her brother's body. He's nothing as she remembers him as a child, with his wild messy hair, tattoos that cover most of his undeniably sexy body and eyes so intense it makes her legs quiver with one look. The one thing even she can't deny is the instant rush she feels just by being in his presence. 

But how can you choose between love and lust when of these hold a dark secret, one that can crush your world to pieces and leave you gasping for air. Who can you trust when your mind is pulling you in two different directions and your heart has to choose for you? 

The Haze brothers are sexy, daring and possibly... dangerous. 

This Regret is a story of love, lust, betrayal and danger with an ending that no one saw coming. 

Becca's thoughts 

I read Victoria Ashley's first novel Wake Up Call a while ago, and completely feel head over heels in love with her characters. One thing that struck me with her writing was how real and raw it was - every situation, every setting and every possibility was written perfectly.Once I had finished, I really did think that Victoria Ashley was the best thing since sliced bread ;) 
UNTIL NOW...

I thank god that I wrote such a pleasing review for Wake Up Call for Victoria, because if I hadn't we wouldn't have become such good friends. Due to this wonderful friendship blossoming, Victoria chose to allow me to beta-read her second novel, This Regret and I cannot believe how lucky I have been to experience her latest story before so many readers out there. I feel absolutely privileged to have been included in the progress of her writing; I've been sent chapter by chapter as she's completed them and it has been one of the most pleasurable experiences of my life. Watching an author's work come to life before me is one hell of a thing to participate in, trust me. So, before I begin my review, I would just like to say a huge thank you to the very talented, very wonderful Victoria Ashley. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your second novel, thank you so much for trusting me enough, and thank you so much for keeping me updated constantly. I've never felt so involved, and it has been so touching, you've really made the beginning of 2014 a special year. 

So, onto This Regret. 

First of all, I have already rated This Regret on Goodreads and it has received the best possible rating from me - 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads, and ten out of ten on Becca's Books. I have no doubt in my mind that This Regret will be a much-loved, popular and well-read book by the end of this year. 

The characters - I know for certain that Victoria Ashley's main male character Kellan Haze will be on the top of the book-boyfriend lists when This Regret hits the shelves.GOD FREAKING DAYUUUUM. You have never met anything like this guy, he is absolutely divine. I think Victoria may have became rather bored with my "Oh my god, KELLAN" comments but honestly, it's just so hard not to "Oh my god" every time he makes an appearance.I remember reading Wake Up Call and thinking that Victoria's male character in that story, Jace, was incredibly hot, but she's just taken things to a whole new level with Kellan, like I'm saying she's really stepped up the game.This guy is like a god. His body is like a work of art, and that's just the tattoos. Beneath those are mounds of hard muscles, the 'V' that the girls go crazy for and abs that you just want to lick. His messy hair and rough exterior are definite perks of this guy, and his love for rough sex wouldn't go unnoticed either. Kellan is a delectable bad boy with a soft, loving, caring nature that only one woman is able to bring out. From the moment Victoria introduced him to me, my mind was made up and I wanted this gorgeous man for myself. Kellan is an important character in This Regret - the moment he returns back home, things begin to happen that no one can control. Besides looking, acting and speaking like a walking sex-god, Kellan rides a motorbike, wears leathers and wears biker boots. If that's not enough to make you want to read this book, then you're a lost cause I'm afraid! ;)

Phoenix is such a beautiful, beautiful character in This Regret and I'm telling you right now, I would do anything to be in her shoes when it comes to Kellan. Phoenix hasn't had a peachy life, in fact, it's been downright awful and I feel for the girl. I really do. She has been through so much crap and finally, when things are beginning to slot nicely into place, a force bigger than nature itself comes storming back into her life and flips everything upside down in the process. Behind Phoenix's strong and determined exterior, she has an incredibly weak spot for a certain someone and Victoria really highlights this fact in her writing. 

As well as the two main characters, Victoria has also created Kade, who is Kellan's brother. Kade is also kinda' hot but he didn't really have the same effect on me as Kellan did. Although, both of them together, the Haze brothers, would be a force to be reckoned with. There's a whole bunch of characters included, some absolutely lovely, some just plain assholes, but they all come together to really make This Regret what it truly is - an epic love story. 

Victoria has taken a huge step with this novel and I am so, so happy for her. I cannot wait for This Regret to be officially released. Although, I have to say, reading about lots of other ladies swooning over Kellan is forcing me to bite back a tiny bit of jealousy ;) Victoria writes with such a rawness, letting each character take over and portraying them to the readers in a non-superficial way, allowing you to really love and adore them in the same way that I do. There's so much depth to the story, so much history, and as it all begins to come together, it's mind-blowing. The rawness and pure emotion that I found in Wake Up Call is still evident in This Regret, only a million times more powerful and overwhelming. The story evoked so many feelings inside of me. It had me biting my lip, wiping away the tears, smiling insanely and wanting to smash up the object that was nearest to me. It was crazy good, and I was always ready for Victoria to send another chapter on over to me. Honestly, I don't think I could ever get enough of Kellan. I really don't. Putting aside his hotness for a moment, the story itself was perfectly put together, amazing twists and turns, and a lot of hot, heated moments that caused the lip-biting. The scenes, the settings, the trouble brewing. It had my heart racing like a galloping horse. 

I cannot rate This Regret enough. I truly, truly can't. There is just something so addictive about Victoria Ashley's style of writing and creation of characters and circumstances that intrigues and satisfies me. I will never tire of anything that she writes and I will always be ready and willing to read her latest novel, whenever or whatever it may be. She has a unique style to her books that I've had a taste for, and now, I don't think I'll be able to stop. 

So, Victoria, another huge thank you from me, and the highest rating that I can possibly give for This Regret. I absolutely loved it from start to finish, and you better get started on your next one missy ;) 
10000000/10000000!!!

* * * 

(Buying links to be added at a later date) 


  




1 comment :

  1. Thank you so much Becca. Your reviews are always my favorite. You put so much time into writing them and they have both made me smile. I look forward to sending you my next book. I will always look forward to your reviews. You're amazing. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete