Caedmon's Curse by A.J. Nuest

Hello, stranger. Care to dance? 


Title - Caedmon's Curse
Author - A.J. Nuest
Publication Date - January 9th 2014
Publisher - HarperImpulseUK
Format - Kindle Edition

The blurb

The two years Prince Caedmon suffered in the dungeons of Seviere's keep left him with more than just lash marks lacing his back. He now retains the secret behind the key, and is the only one who understands its grim connection to his beloved Rowena. Torn between telling her the truth and risking their future, he agrees to join her perilous quest. But their enemies to the north are not the only menace determined to see them fail and, to prove his love, he must conquer the demons of his past. 

Join Caedmon and Rowena as they rediscover a love bound by fate, and struggle to unravel the significance behind Caedmon's Curse, book III in The Golden Key Chronicles. 

Becca's thoughts

Here I am again, with the third instalment in The Golden Key Chronicles buzzing around my head. I need to first say a huge thank you to the fabulous author, +AJ Nuest for sending me a copy of Caedmon's Curse in return for an honest review. +AJ Nuest, you have no idea of the spell that you have put me under with your magical series. I am now absolutely obsessed with the gorgeous Rowena, the hunk Prince Caedmon, and their journey together to find freedom and love. So thank you, thank you, thank you!

In Caedmon's Curse, you are reunited with Rowena and Prince Caedmon. The story picks up exactly where it left off in Candra's Freedom. There was no messing around, no dilly-daddling, A.J. took you right back to where she ended in the previous story. Caedmon had followed Rowena in her quest for freedom and it begins with them meeting once again. What followed was a sizzling re-connection between A.J's two main characters and I couldn't take my eyes away for a single second. 

Rowena and Caedmon were a lot closer in A.J.'s third instalment. There were more glances, touches and Rowena felt incredibly attracted to Prince Caedmon, which was completely understandable. I loved the bubbling chemistry between them. It was intense, pulling me in, and it made the two of them seem compatible once again. I enjoyed watching their relationship blossom into something so much more than friendship, it made me smile one of those big, stupid grins that last for what seems like forever. 

Rowena was still a little feisty in this one which I freaking loved! I think this side of her character is insanely entertaining. She knows what she wants and she is willing to do anything to gain it. In the previous novel, she didn't really pay much attention to Prince Caedmon it seemed, but in Caedmon's Curse, she's beginning to notice just how attractive he truly is. It was like watching a female admire a man for the first time in her life. It sent chills down my spine when he would accidentally touch her, and that's because of the power of A.J.'s writing. She manages to include every single little detail in their exchanges and it made all the difference. It made reading a complete and utter joy. Prince Caedmon is his usually sexy self in this one, finally beginning to unravel the mystery that is Rowena. He begins to break her down, bit by bit, and it was heart-warming to watch them come together and spark off the feelings between them. 

Caedmon's Curse was sensational. I cannot get enough of these two, I really can't. I am just loving their journey together, and what's even better, A.J. has managed to hook me in with the next in the series by ending Caedmon's Curse at a very exciting moment. Literally, I am ITCHING to begin reading the fourth and final instalment, Braedric's Bane. 

A.J, you don't even need to ask what my rating is. 5/5. Without a doubt. A magical, mystifying story that has held me spell-bound since the second I started reading The Golden Key Chronicles. 

* * * 

Check out A.J. Nuest's website            

1 comment :

  1. SQUEEEEE! Rebecca, you have NO IDEA how much this review means to me. I'm dancing in my seat! This is my favorite installment of the four and I am THRILLED that you loved it as well! Thank you, my dear, dear friend for your kind and generous words. You make me cry happy tears of joy!!!!

    ReplyDelete