Candra's Freedom by A.J. Nuest

She'd long since learned how to fend for herself, make her own rules and forge ahead regardless of the consequences. 


Title - Candra's Freedome
Author - A.J. Nuest
Publication Date - December 12th 2013
Publisher - HarperImpulseUK
Format - Kindle Edition
Pages - 88

The blurb

The key would unlock his future and the safety of his kingdom, but he never imagined the sorceress would unlock his heart...

Lost in a world she doesn't recognize, Rowena struggles to find her place. 

Yet her abilities with a blade and the loyalty of a fierce falcon don't discourage the heated advances of the handsome Prince Caedmon, and the connection between them seems much deeper than her troubled heart can recall. 

Becca's thoughts

I absolutely freaking loved the return of Rowena! She's back, and she's now a bad-ass b***h with an attitude to go with it. Not forgetting her new-found skill with a pair of blades. Damn, I was sitting back, fist-pumping the air, yelling, "Go girl!" 

After reading +AJ Nuest's first instalment in The Golden Key Chronicles series Rowena's Key, I genuinely could not wait to get my hands on Candra's Freedom. I stated in my review that fantasy wasn't my thing, but I am all over this series and I'm already dying to read #3! 

In Candra's Freedom, we are re-introduced to Rowena, A.J.'s main female character in the series. After ending Rowena's Key with Prince Caedmon being dragged away and Rowena being left on her lonesome in a strange kingdom and with no idea how the hell she got there, I was dying with curiosity as to what was going to happen next. As Candra's Freedom begins, Rowena is presented to the reader as an independent woman with a hardcore skill for battle and a sharp tongue. I absolutely loved this side of Rowena. It was such a huge contrast to how I first perceived her and I really enjoyed watching her fight for her freedom. 

As soon as Prince Caedmon re-entered the story, I was completely ready for the sparks to fly. He was just as swoon-worthy as he was in the first book, with his hard muscles and manly build. Unfortunately for him, Rowena didn't take too kindly to his return. Having been used to doing her own thing, and unable to remember anything before ending up in his kingdom (including their steamy love-making sessions) Rowena is rather confused as to what is expected of her. Prince Caedmon, on the other hand, is utterly enchanted by her, even if she is a little feisty, and I just adored how he looked at her, always lustful and in wonderment. It was truly romantic, and the fact that Rowena knocked away any of his advances made it all the more entertaining to read. 

What transpires between them had me completely hooked. Rowena fighting for her freedom and Prince Caedmon fighting for her heart. It was a battle of wits, winner takes all, and I just couldn't admit defeat by taking my eyes away from the story for a single moment. 

As was the case when I was reading Rowena's Key, I was completely enveloped within this magical, fantasy world containing wizards and romance and old-fashioned dialogue. It was a pleasure to be reunited with the endearing Rowena and her heart-throb of a Prince! The chemistry was amazing, the plot never letting my attention crawl away and I am left hanging onto reality by a single thread. What I would give to join them both in their gorgeous kingdom. 

Becca's Books will be rating Candra's Freedom by A.J. Nuest with a fabulous five out of five shiny stars! This is the only fantasy novel that has held my imagination for this long. Bring on book #3! I cannot wait to see where A.J. takes my favourite fantasy couple next. 

* * * 


  



2 comments :

  1. Sweet bouncing tits of the nine!!!! LOL (Yes, I've taken to cursing in Caedmon's language.) I cannot believe how awesome this review is!!! Thank you so much, Becca! You are the best EVER!!!! I'm going to be sharing this all over cyberspace! Thank you!!! ((((hugs))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, aurwh AJ! You sure know how to make a book blogger/reviewer feel great ;) I'm so glad you loved it - I may have to put my current read on hold and start #3, the temptation is killing me <3

    ReplyDelete