Connectivity by Aven Ellis

My timing for the first big jump in my television career is a freaking fabulous fail of epic proportions.


Title - Connectivity 
Author - Aven Ellis 
Publication Date - October 14th 2013
Publisher - Soul Mate Publishing 
Format - Kindle Edition
Pages - 259

The blurb

Overachiever Mary-Kate Grant (who is indeed named after an Olsen Twin) has followed every rule to the letter to pursue her dream of working in TV programming. Ripping a page from the "hard work pays off" playbook, she takes an assistant level job at a Chicago sports network to break into the industry. MK has no time or desire for a relationship right now - she is totally focused on her career and being independent, unlike the other women in her family. 

But MK's plans are run through the shredder when she finds herself working for William Cumberland, a British media mogul who made his fortune with Connectivity, a social media site. William blows into Chicago just like the winds off Lake Michigan and purchases the group of networks MK works for - and makes her his personal assistant in the process. 

Suddenly MK finds her career plans in jeopardy. William makes her question everything she has ever thought and has the uncanny ability to see right through her. And for the first time in her life, MK finds herself not only questioning what she wants for her career but for her personal life as well...

Becca's thoughts

Oh my actual freaking good love of books!
I have no idea of where to even start with this review. I just know, before I've even started, that I will not be able to do Connectivity justice, but I'm going to try my damned hardest because THIS is why I love reading romance. 

To begin with, I would like to say a massive thank you to the fabulous +Aven Ellis for sending me a copy of her book Connectivity in exchange for an honest review. If it wasn't for authors wanting to send me their stories my little blog Becca's Books wouldn't be able to continue growing, so thank you so much Aven! 

As usual, I'm going to *cover-swoon* for a few moments...- - -
Okay, I'm back. I absolutely love Aven's cover for Connectivity. I think it's perfect for her story. It's romantic, London's Big Ben is in the background, it's a gorgeous setting, the characters are clearly in love. I mean, it is beautiful. So top marks for the cover from me. 

The plot-line for Connectivity just sang to my inner hopeless-romantic self. I loved it. Loved, loved, loved it. MK was a superb character in this story. She was completely career driven, unlike her mother and sister, who drove MK wild with constant wedding emails and nonsense of the like. MK has never seen the attractiveness of depending on a man for the rest of your life. She was completely independent, she knew exactly what she wanted, and she knew precisely what steps that she had to take to get there. I admired this about MK a hell of a lot, it was refreshing to read about a woman who was focused on her own life and happiness, and not bending over backwards to please anybody else's needs. She was hard-working, someone you could trust and an absolute pleasure to share the journey of her story with. 
Aven's male character, Mr William Cumberland, was one HOT piece of bad-ass mogul book candy. I mean, just his mere presence stunned a room into silence. His suits, his tallness, his intense blue eyes. Just urghhh. He was so swoon-worthy and handsome and delectable and... Yeah. You get the picture. I suppose Mr Cumberland was MK's male version of herself. He was always immersed in work, always busy, always speaking into his phone. Just basically a full-on business man with no time for silly things such as love and dating etc... 

One aspect that I thought was brilliant was the switching between the two main settings, London and America. There were many times when William and MK would laugh and joke about the different ways they would say words due to their differences in where they were from. William also referred to MK as a 'bossy, American woman' now and again, which really made me smile. Aven managed to really capture the heart of both places and she brought it to life for me. I loved the travelling to and fro, the restaurants, William's penthouse, and MK's amazing interior design talent. Everything was perfectly painted into an clear and vivid image in my mind and it was sensational. 

The chemistry between the two main characters was absolutely brilliant. There were moments whilst reading when I had to physically hold my breath. What I loved the most was the fact that Aven waited. In a lot of novels that I read these days, sex crops up right away. There's no waiting, no sizzling chemistry. The characters just jump right into bed together and the bubble is popped. But with MK and William, it was perfect. Hell, there wasn't even talk of a kiss for ages! But you see, that's one of the biggest reasons why I enjoyed it so bloody much! 

Connectivity by Aven Ellis was a gorgeously written romantic story that was pure chick-lit and romance. It was brilliant and I absolutely loved it. I would gladly re-read this one again and again, just for the romantic suspense and wonderful storyline. Absolutely fantastic. HUGE round of applause to the lovely Aven Ellis for this delicious slice of love. I adored it. 

Becca's Books is giving Connectivity by Aven Ellis a fabulous five out of five twinkling gold stars! 

* * * 


  

Post a Comment