Waiting for Prince Harry by Aven Ellis

Sometimes you have to have courage. Sometimes you have to take a chance. You have to live in the now, not the future. 


Title - Waiting for Prince Harry
Author - Aven Ellis
Publication Date - April 2nd 2014
Publisher - Soul Mate 
Format - Kindle Edition

The blurb

Twenty-four-year-old Kylie Reed has always been a rule follower. Organized and cautious to a fault, her dreams for life are often filed away for future use - when she has a house, when she meets her future husband, when she has been at her visual display job at chic Dallas boutique longer... Kylie always has a reason for living her life in the future, not in the present, and not living her life to the fullest and reaching her dream of becoming a fashion designer. 

The only exception to rules, of course, would be running away with Prince Harry - Kylie's ideal man. A hot, fun ginger boy would be worth breaking all the rules for, of course. And Kylie is sure Harry just needs the right, centering woman to settle him down. But living in Dallas and not knowing Prince Harry makes this a non-option. 

Or does it? 

Because when Kylie accidentally falls into the lap of a gorgeous ginger boy - yes, even more gorgeous than the real Prince Harry - all bets are off. Could this stranger be the Prince Harry that she has been waiting for? Kylie's life takes some unexpected twists and turns thanks to this chance encounter, and she knows her life will never be the same because of it...

Becca's thoughts

*I received Waiting for Prince Harry from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Wow, wow and just WOW. 
I have just finished reading Waiting for Prince Harry by +Aven Ellis and I have to say I am in love! The characters, the story-line, the entire package of Aven Ellis's writing has left me with a huge smile plastered across my face. 

What I loved the most about Waiting for Prince Harry was the chick-lit feel of the story. Everything you would want to find in a true chick-lit book, you will find in here. It was just fabulous. Romance, drama and a whole lot of hotness. I was in book heaven. 

The plot of Waiting for Prince Harry was well thought-out and put together. There was no confusion as to where the story was heading, and it was all neatly tied up at the end, which I love. Plus, you know that you've found a gooden' when you really don't want the book to end, and I didn't. I wanted to read well over the last page and I was gutted that I had to say goodbye to the two main characters that I had quickly fallen in love with. So not fair! Something that really kept me entertained was the gorgeous little addition that the author added in at the beginning of each chapter. For example - 
The Pop Quiz Question: You are at a crowded bar. The odds of finding your soul mate are:
A) I am open to the idea of meeting Mr.Right anywhere. 
B) Probably not good, but a possibility.
C) I might as well be waiting for Prince Harry to come rescue me. 
Yes, at the beginning of each chapter a question from the Pop Quiz would appear and I absolutely LOVED it. It spoke directly to the girly, feminine side of me and I found it incredibly entertaining and fun! It completely totalled the chick-lit element of the book. I found Waiting for Prince Harry to be the perfect length too. It didn't drag on forever, it wasn't too short, it was just perfect. I really, really enjoyed reading it. 

Aven Ellis's characters in Waiting for Prince Harry were just awesome. I adored her main character, Kylie Reed, to an extent where I wanted to meet her for a drink and a chat! Written in first person, everything was from Kylie's POV. She was superb and I could totally relate to her way of filing everything away, to deal with at a later date. Rather than living in the present, Kylie preferred to wait until another day when she'd sort it out. I kinda' do that too, but after reading Waiting for Prince Harry, I realised that actually, it's not good to live life that way. Kylie was a bit of a dreamer, obsessing over Prince Harry. She wanted that gorgeous, ginger Prince all to herself. Everything about her was lovable and I admired her so much.She takes a lot of crap off people and hides away from confrontation, but deep inside, she has a dream that she's dying to make come true. I guess all she needs is a little push from the right person ;)
Harrison Flynn was a bit of a hottie in this one, to say the least! Ginger doesn't normally do anything for me (dark haired males are more my sort of thing) but I found myself falling head over heels for him. Harrison is the team captain of Dallas Demons ice hockey team, and he is a GOD in every sense of the word. With a powerful body and insanely handsome good looks to match, it was hard to not drool a little when he was involved. Harrison is crazy famous and is noticed everywhere. He has tons of groupies falling over their own feet for him, women offering their chests to be signed and a constant crowd of paparazzi following him. As well as that, Harrison is incredibly rich, and gifted and talented in more fields than just the physical one. What I truly admired about Harrison was his need to be noticed not just as a celebrity, but as his own person. Harrison was searching for somebody to see beyond the money, the fame and the title, but to see the real him. The side of him that is caring, playful and ultimately charming. He was a beautiful person, inside and out, and I could see right from the beginning he was going to have a pure soul. 

There is so much to look forward to in Waiting for Prince Harry, particularly if you're a lover of chick-lit and romance. This story filled me with delight and warmth, and it was an absolute pleasure to read and review it for the fabulous author +Aven Ellis. Not only did I love it, but I'm going to beg her to write a sequel because I just need MORE! Becca's Books is rating Waiting for Prince Harry by Aven Ellis with an amazing five stars! Anything less would be ridiculous. I had a wonderful time reading it and I can't wait to discover more by this author, I truly can't. 

* * * 



Post a Comment