30 Day Book Challenge ~ Day 20 ~ Favourite childhood book.

HAPPY EASTER BOOKLOVERS! 

The answer for this particular book challenge really depends on which part of my childhood we're talking about. I think the first proper books that I loved reading when I was tiny were the Where's Spot? books. I had so much fun lifting up the flaps and opening cupboards trying to find Spot ;) These books kept me entertained for hours on end. 


I used to love all of the Roald Dahl books as I got a little older. Matilda was one of my favourites, closely followed by Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Witches and I can't forget The Twits! That book was amazing. Roald Dahl's books fuelled my imagination when I was younger, they were so full of magic and enchantment and I'd sit and read them for hours. 


Once I was in school, and I had the entire library to feast my mind upon, I became a little obsessed with the Goosebumps and the Point Horror collections. Man, I think I read every single one of those books. I've actually been looking on Amazon UK for collections because I miss them so much. There was a particular Goosebumps book that has always stayed in my head, called The Scarecrow Walks At Midnight by R.L Stine. Ah, this creeped me out to no end and kept me awake for a few nights. R.L Stine had such a great writing style and I LOVED basically ALL of the Goosebump books. After I had finished these, I moved on to the Point Horror collections, and again, became obsessed. These seemed a little more grown up compared to the Goosebumps series, and so whilst reading them, my mind grew as well as myself. These books held me captivated and my mind was full of creepy stories for weeks on end. I am so thankful for that old library in my school. Unfortunately, it's all been knocked down now and no longer stands where it once did. I feel so sad about that, I spent most of my school time sitting in that library, at a corner table, reading the days away. 


There are way too many books that I read during my childhood to just choose one as my favourite. Every book I read back then held a special part in me somewhere, because I just loved them all. My passion for reading was just beginning and I was crazy about each and every one of them. 

So, my favourite childhood & teenhood books ;)
Tell me, what were yours? 






1 comment :

  1. I loved Where's Spot? and Roald Dahl books too! I also loved the Narnia stories!

    thegirlinthemoonlight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete