30 Day Book Challenge ~ Day 28 ~ Favourite quote from a book.

I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm actually capable of completing this book challenge business, because going right back through all of the books that I have read and choosing certain ones for different questions is muddling my mind! 

After having a really good think about it, I have come to the conclusion that my favourite quote comes from this book. 


Cecelia Ahern creates magic. I just adore her stories and I enjoy them in a way completely different to any other books that I read. My favourite quote from The Book of Tomorrow is this one...

"Nobody who says as little as he does is as simple as you'd think. It takes a lot to not say a lot, because when you're not talking, you're thinking, and he thinks a lot. My mum and dad talked all the time. Talkers don't think much; their words drown out any possibility of hearing their subconscious asking, Why did you say that? What do you really think?"

I'm not sure what it is that I love so much about this quote. I'm a very "quotey" person. I absolutely love them. It's probably to do with the fact that I'm very quiet myself. I don't tend to pipe up in group conversations, I like to think about things more than talk about them. Some say this is a dangerous way too live, spending so much time alone in your mind, but it's just the way I am, I guess. And I think this quote kinda' spells it out for me. It's true. Just because someone stays quiet, it doesn't mean that they're simple at all. The truth is, you have no idea of the multitude of thoughts that could be going through their mind.






Post a Comment