30 Day Book Challenge ~ Day 7 ~ A guilty pleasure book.

A guilty pleasure book? Hmm, that's a tough one. To be completely honest, any book that I choose to read, whether criticised by others or not, is a book that I will shout loud and proud about. I don't like to insult other people's reading choices, therefore I don't expect people to insult mine either. 

Having said that, and even though this book is completely wild and random compared to my usual choice of genre, I have to say that my guilty pleasure is this...


Argh, I know! Pride and Prejudice and Zombies?! It's completely and utterly insane, right?! 
WRONG!
I enjoyed this book to no end. I found it entertaining and I was kinda' intrigued as to how the whole story was going to play out, you know, seeing as it's a Jane Austen classic and they've added zombies to it? I really, really enjoyed reading it though. It also creeped me out a little bit to tell you the truth. I flicked the light off in the kitchen downstairs and ran for my freaking life, petrified that a zombie would start crawling out from beneath the stairs or something. Yes, I know, over-active imagination much? ;) 
I guess I was attracted to this books wackiness the most, and believe it or not, horror is something that I like to read, but rarely. I think I just like to scare myself sometimes, and 99% of the time, I achieve that. But more than anything, this book just made me think, wow. It was crazy, absolutely crazy, but it's definitely one of those books that I'll go back to one day, without a doubt.  

Post a Comment