The 30 Day Book Challenge ~ Day 3

Day 3 ~ The longest book you've read.

Well, the longest book that I ever read was this one. 


I went through a stage where I was absolutely obsessed with Stephen King and his amazing novels. I literally read one after another, and only stopped when my mind felt fried. Stephen King has such a crazy, insanely surreal imagination, and some of the things that he comes up with are just incredible. Anyway, so I went through my Stephen King craze, and obviously I had to read IT, seeing as it was one of his bestsellers, and then felt flat about halfway through the 800 and something pages. 

Don't get me wrong, I love a good, long novel, but 800 pages? It took me almost two weeks to finish it, mainly because I got to a point where I really couldn't be bothered. I had already watched the film, so I knew what was going to happen, but another 400 pages after already reading 400 pages just seemed daunting. 

I loved the book, I did. I love anything by Mr King, but 800 pages was the limit for me. I couldn't cope! Luckily for me, I read it on my Kindle, but if I had had to hold an 800 page book in my hands throughout reading it, I do think that my wrists would have snapped off and I'd have been left with no hands. 

So, there you have it. The longest book that I ever read was IT by Stephen King. 
What's the longest book that you ever read? 

Post a Comment