The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks ~ BLOG TOUR!

"Don't take my advice. Or anyone's advice. Trust yourself. For good or for bad, happy or unhappy, it's your life, and what you do with it has always been entirely up to you." 


Title - The Best of Me
Author - Nicholas Sparks
Publisher - Sphere, Little, Brown UK
Publication Date - September 11th 2014 
Format - Paperback (Provided via publisher)

The blurb

They were teenage sweethearts from opposite sides of the tracks - with a passion that would change their lives for ever. But life would force them apart. 

Years later, the lines they had drawn between past and present are about to slip... 

Called back to their hometown for the funeral of the mentor who gave them shelter when they needed it most, they are faced with each other once again, and forced to confront the paths they chose. 

Can true love ever rewrite the past? 

Becca's thoughts

Firstly, I'd just like to say a huge thank you to the wonderful Poppy Stimpson from Little, Brown UK for sending me a copy of The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks, and also for inviting me to be part of the blog tour for this beautiful story! Super excited to be taking part, so thank you, Poppy!

Before now, I have never had the pleasure of diving into a book by Nicholas Sparks. I've seen them, of course, but they've always been surrounded by an air of overwhelming sadness and surreal love, and so I've stayed away. But, when I was asked if I would like to read and review The Best of Me for the blog tour, I realised that my time of avoiding the heart-ache was over, and that sooner rather than later, I would have to read a Nicholas Sparks book, whether I liked it or not. When it arrived, I fanned the pages against my fingers hesitantly, and re-read the blurb again and again, and with a deep breath, I turned to page one and began. 

Now, here I am, after finishing the book, and I just don't know what to say. 

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks was powerful, poignant, and deeply moving. At first, I was under the impression that this was going to be just another beautiful love story, but when I turned the last page, I had already realised that it was so much more than that. The story conjured up a complete mess of emotions inside of me, drawing tears and heartache and a crazy surge of hope for the characters, Amanda and Dawson. Memories flooded the pages, bringing with them an overpowering sense of sentimentality and nostalgia, and without giving too much away, there's nothing quite like second-chance love. I love it. Absolutely love it. I love it when two characters are forced apart, and then for some reason, are drawn back together. I love how feelings that have been long-forgotten, begin to bubble beneath the surface. ARGH, it's so bloody romantic! 

Despite the stunning romance within the story, of course, there was a whole load of sadness alongside it. And when I say sadness, I mean that I bawled my freaking eyes out and had to take deep breaths to calm myself down. It blew my mind. Silenced me. Completely screwed with my heart. It was just SO powerful and absolutely crystal clear that this novel was one that will stay with me forever. Selfless, one of the best kinds, the type of love that lasts long after we leave the earth. 

Becca's Books is giving The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks a FABULOUS five cupcake rating! As I said, the story within is now ingrained into my mind, and I keep finding myself thinking back to it, wondering if there is love like that, out there somewhere, in the big wide world. An AMAZING book to read to introduce myself to the world of Nicholas Sparks. I am in love with this man's writing, characters, and beautiful imagination. Just INCREDIBLE.


***






  



1 comment :

  1. Ahh I love Nicholas Sparks, can't wait to read this one! Totally get your reasoning for holding off though haha they're not easy reads in terms of emotions!! I'm just a sucker for heart break ;) sounds fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete