Home for the Holidays by Ellen Faith ~ BLOG TOUR!

Home sweet home...


Title - Home for the Holidays
Author - Ellen Faith
Publication Date - 1st November 2014
Format - eBook (Provided via tour host)

The blurb

When Lexi and Ryan make the decision to venture home for the Christmas holidays, neither of them can wait to catch up with their families. What the pair don't anticipate is the series of life changing events their families have been going through while they've been continuing with their American adventure, including a newly nudist father. 

As they try to weather the storm, they discover that being back in the UK is creating more questions than answers for them as a couple and their American dream is beginning to fade. Fast. 

Becca's thoughts

I am so SUPER excited to be kicking off the blog tour for the incredible Ellen Faith's Home for the Holidays. After reading The Story of Us by Ellen, and falling utterly in love with her lovable, appealing characters, I just knew that I would have to read more from the author, no questions about it. And so, when I got wind of Ellen bringing out a second story, but this time based around going home for that festive time of year (the best time of year!), I just couldn't wait to fall into Lexi's world once again and lose myself to Ellen's absolutely gorgeous writing! Before I begin, I'd just like to say thank you to the fabulous Tay from Chicks That Read for getting me involved with Ellen's blog tour, and I'd also like to a say massive massive massive thank you to the author herself, Ellen Faith. Ellen truly does not realise how freaking  incredible she is. So, without further ado, let's get this review party started! *shakes & pops champagne!*

Okay. So, cover, cover, cover. It's rather hard to not look at Ellen Faith's cover for Home for the Holidays and immediately think of Christmas, isn't it? All that red and pink, and the stunning little sparkles really do make this cover a Christmassy sight to behold! In case you weren't already aware, I am a complete Christmas maniac! I adore this time of year, and the build-up never fails to make me jittery with excitement for the big day. Ellen's cover fits into the whole Christmas build-up scene perfectly. And let's be real, readers, who doesn't love presents?! I also think that the cover really captures the style and feel of Ellen's writing. She's girly, she's funny,she's all about the chick-lit, and so that cover just effortlessly works, you know? Christmas and shopping go hand and hand, after all!

The main thing to know about Home for the Holidays is that although some of us will be meeting Lexi and Co. for the second time around, this book can actually be read as a standalone. Ellen has done a fabulous job of bringing new readers up to date concerning all that has happened in the previous book, and so without even having to read the first story, Ellen revisits everything that has gone before. I loved this because I am rubbish with remembering things. As I began to progress further into the plot, Ellen reminded me of things that had happened previously, and it was like a bulb lit up my mind as I remembered and smiled! So, not only is this beneficial to first-time readers, but it even helped me out, too. Thanks Ellen! 

Home for the Holidays was just stunning. Completely and utterly stunning. The gorgeous couple, Lexi and Ryan, are heading back to the UK to visit their families for Christmas time, and they're both ecstatic to be heading back to catch up with everyone. I found the whole 'heading home' theme so appealing! I mean, who doesn't love Christmas, and all of the excitement and kerfuffle that it involves! I was kept highly entertained throughout the entirety of Home for the Holidays, that much is true. Ellen included all of the commonplace activities that usually take place, and included her own little comical twist that had me crying with laughter! From a cat-fight over a pair of shoes, to meeting Ryan's newly nudist father, there were just numerous priceless moments that had Ellen Faith written all over them. She writes with such sparkle and passion for her characters, and it's extremely evident that she loves Lexi and Co, which in turn makes me love her fabulous characters even more! There's also the fact that Lexi's best-friend Rosie is pregnant, and incredibly hormonal, which added another chunk of entertainment to the story! Rosie made me giggle endlessly, and just like Lexi, I felt so happy to be back with them all. It was beginning to feel like it had been too long since I'd seen them and it felt like coming home when I opened my Kindle and began to read!   

Another thing that I truly loved about Home for the Holidays was that in this book, I feel like we're given more of a in-depth look at Lexi and Ryan's relationship. It's evident that they are completely and utterly in love with each other, and that really shines through in the story. We see more of Ryan's romantic side that we did in the previous book, and I could really see why Lexi found herself swooning over him non-stop! They are such an adorable couple and they feel so ridiculously NOT FICTIONAL to me. All of them do! There is SO much behind each character, and it's evident that Ellen has really put the effort in to truly bring them all to life for us. And of course, Lexi is just as bloody lovely as ever! You're really able to sympathise with her. She's meeting Ryan's parents for the first time, and so obviously she's super nervous. I was never left hanging where the plot was concerned. Ellen always had something exciting and new coming up for Lexi, whether that be Christmas shopping in snowy London with Rosie, or Christmas tree hunting in a tree farm! Also, there's the added excitement regarding Lexi and Ryan's venue hunting for their upcoming wedding! EEEEEEEP! *dances* Again, this added a heap of realness to the story, and I absolutely loved heading to each venue with the couple, checking out the rooms and at one point, even giving my opinion, haha! There was so much to look forward to in Home for the Holidays, it truly was spectacular! 

I am, without a doubt, rating Home for the Holidays by Ellen Faith with FIVE GORGEOUS CUPCAKES! This is the perfect Christmas story to add to your lists this year. The Christmas chaos involved within the pages will warm you right the way down to your toes, and if you're a family kinda' girl like me, then it'll also make you want to go cuddle up, surrounded by the people that you love most with the log fire going! From hot chocolates and gingerbread, to crazy Christmas shopping and a hormonal, pregnant, crazy lady, Home for the Holidays will have your sides splitting with laughter and your heart brimming with love for Ellen Faith and her characters. Damn, I miss them already, and I really hope that in some point in the future, we're treated to another fabulous Ellen Faith story, because I don't think that I can say goodbye to Lexi and Co. indefinitely just yet...



~ Author Bio ~


Ellen lives in the wonderful country of Yorkshire, England where she spends most of her time baking, eating, baking, and eating. Occasionally, she does leave the house to go to the cinema or do some food shopping though. 

After spending years with an over-active imagination, she decided to put all the magic in her head to some good use and put finger to laptop where The Story of Us was born and became her debut novel. 

She loves to travel, her favourite destinations so far have all been in America, hence the love of all things, and all people, American. The food rocks pretty hard too, she ate until her jeans begged her to stop whilst she was there. True fact. 

Aside from day dreaming and eating, Ellen is a sucker for a lolcat, penguins and monkeys - she has never claimed to be normal. 








   



Post a Comment