Jenny Oliver's Christmas wish list

Today on Becca's Books, Jenny Oliver is sharing her Christmas wish list with us! Have a peek at what Jenny is asking Santa for this year. 



~ Jenny Oliver's Christmas wish list ~

1.) About two weeks ago my sewing machine died. I got it for my seventeenth birthday (v rock and roll!) and it's been a faithful companion - diligently sewing my wonky seams, odd reconstructions of second-hand clothes and all the cushions I've made out of a seemingly endless pair of old velvet curtains. But it is no longer. The repair man has said kept it for spare parts in lieu of a fee. I didn't even get to say goodbye. Shamefully I already have my eye on a bright red one from John Lewis. 

2.) Long johns. Haha, v sexy! It's just I get really cold at night and I hate how pyjama bottoms get all tangled round your legs. In Gap the other day I saw a pair of Nordic-style long john trousers and (ignoring the fact I'll look like Charlie's dad in Willy Wonka and the Choc Factory) I think they'll be a genius investment! 

3.) My niece is getting a puppy for Christmas. Can you believe it? I didn't think that actually happened. I remember pleading with my mum for a puppy and she'd just raise a brow and point at the fat, grumpy old cat we had as if that was explanation enough. They've already picked out the puppy and I've seen a photo. It's a tiny ball of white fluff with big brown eyes and is a flashy make that I've forgotten but it's in the same ballpark as a cockapoo or a labradoodle. So this Christmas I'd like a cuddle with the puppy. 

4.) Some really beautifully wrapped surprises! I'm a sucker for not knowing what it is I'm unwrapping. Even if I do have an inkling I try to force myself to forget. I find it equally pleasing to give a gift that's a surprise and I pause to watch as they unwrap to see if it's a hit. It's much harder to fake a reaction if you aren't sure what you're getting! 

5.) Last but not least, this Christmas I'd like to see all my family. We don't spend Christmas Day together any more because of the kids, in-laws etc, so I always want to make sure that at some point over the festive period I see them all. Have presents, will travel ;) 

~ Author Bio ~

Jenny Oliver wrote her first book on holiday when she was ten years old. Illustrated with cut-out supermodels from her sister's Vogue, it was an epic, sweeping love story not so loosely based on Dynasty. 

Since then Jenny has gone on to get an English degree, a Masters, and a job in publishing that that's taught her what it takes to write a novel (without the help of the supermodels). She wrote The Parisian Christmas Bake Off on the beach in a sea-soaked, sand-covered notebook. This time the inspiration was her addiction to macaroons, the belief she can cook them and an all-consuming love of Christmas. When the decorations go up in October, that's fine with her!


Jenny Oliver can be found on Twitter.

The Vintage Summer Wedding ~ Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US | My review
The Parisian Christmas Bake Off ~ Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US
The Little Christmas Kitchen ~ Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US

Fancy winning a copy of The Parisian Christmas Bake Off & The Little Christmas Kitchen by Jenny Oliver? Then here's your chance! 

a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway






1 comment :

  1. Thanks for such a fun post! I love the Christmas list. I totally understand the importance of long johns--my parents and sister still live where long johns are a part of every day in winter, and last time we visited my kids learned about the concept and laughed 'til they cried. I used to wear them all the time! And I agree with the idea of trying to forget what you know you're getting for Christmas--surprises are fun!!

    ReplyDelete