Rebecca Raisin's Christmas wish list

Today, Rebecca Raisin is here on Becca's Books, telling us what she's hoping to receive from Santa this year! Take it away, Rebecca!


Thank you for inviting me here today, Becca!

I'm about to launch into my Christmas wish list! I love this time of year, and having six year olds, it's just so magical. It's easy to get into the Christmas spirit just by watching their eyes light up when they see huge ornate decorations at the shops, or hearing them warble and forget the words to Silent Night! Totally special! 

So if I had to choose a Christmas wish-list, and quite luckily some of the things I've been dreaming about are now a reality, but I'll tell you them anyway!

1.) My side of the family all live in a different state to me, and we don't usually spend Christmas together because my sister works on a mine site, and it's hard to co-ordinate everyone's different holidays. I'm always sad about this, because I want to spent time with them, and more so they want to see the boys as well. Not even a week ago my sister rang and asked if we could visit South Australia over the holidays. But she only had a small window of she'd be there. So with a lot of organising, and a heap of phone calls back and forth, we finally managed to schedule everyone's work holidays to fit, so we'd all be there at the same time! This would have been number one on my wish-list and I am so eager to get there. We leave on Christmas day, and spend three weeks relaxing at my mum's house, and ALL my family who live in that state will come and visit. My cousin is also due to have her baby the day after we leave, so I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle! I want to meet that baby! 

2.) BOOKS! Though, I do cheat and buy myself books! No one knows what I've read and what I haven't so it's easier to buy them myself. I'm in the process of stocking up my kindle for our holiday! And I can't wait to read so many of the books that I've been excited about for ages!

3.) Because I'm going away, and to a place that is situated one street away from the beach, and it's our summer now, I would like a whole new summer wardrobe! Doesn't every girl at summertime? Ash and I decided to forgo presents for each other this year, and just go clothes shopping a week or so before we leave. But... when I say we decided to forgo presents, that doesn't mean I don't expect one from him! Ha ha! He made that mistake one year, and now even if I say HONESTLY I don't want ANYTHING, he still gets me something. 

4.) Each year, at the end of school break-up, we get the teachers a gift. I let the boys choose them something, and last year they chose their music teacher plastic swords (what can I do, they assured me he'd love them!) but I also buy World Vision gift certificates to add to their present. I figure the teachers are bombarded with chocolates, and candles, so we buy a gift voucher donation card in their name. This year, now that the boys are old enough to understand I want to take them to the World Vision stall, and let them sponsor a child. They can write to that child, and we'll also be teaching them about what poverty means and how they can help at any level. 

5.) Good food! We spend our holidays trying to one-up each other with delicious food. I'm useless at baking but better at savoury! So for me, to spend time with my family, and then have us all together to eat, drink and be merry is perfect!

That's it from me! If I have my family, my books, and the odd bottle of wine, I'm content! I also have my online family, who I'll be busily trying to contact with limited phone reception at my mum's house! Have a happy holidays! 

~ Author Bio ~


Rebecca Raisin is a true bibliophile. This love of books morphed into the desire to write them. She's been widely published in short story anthologies, and in fiction magazines. And now she is focusing on writing romance. 

Rebecca aims to write characters you can see yourself being friends with. People with big hearts who care about relationships and believe in true love. 

Rebecca Raisin can be found on TwitterFacebook & rebeccaraisinwordpress.com

Christmas at the Gingerbread Cafe ~ Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US
Chocolate Dreams at the Gingerbread Cafe ~ Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US
Christmas Wedding at the Gingerbread Cafe ~ Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US
Pre-order Secrets at the Maple Syrup Farm ~ Goodreads | Amazon UK | Amazon US







Post a Comment