Tied Up with Love by Amelia Thorne ~ BLOG TOUR!

"Just do exactly as you're told and you won't get hurt."


Title - Tied Up with Love
Author - Amelia Thorne
Publication Date - 14th February 2015
Publisher - Carina UK
Format - eBook (Provided via author)

The blurb

'We're from the KMW. Do exactly as you're told and you won't get hurt...'

Being grabbed off the street, blind folded, tied up and thrown into a van was not what Izzy expected to happen when she stepped out the door that morning. But when an accidental kidnapping at the hands of the sexy Ethan Chase and his 'Kidnap My Wife' sexual fantasy business leads to just that, Izzy seizes the chance to turn her misfortune into a brilliant new job opportunity...

Since then, life has been one big tangle of new client meetings, fake kidnapping pick-ups, and handling the temperamental, but drop dead gorgeous 'bad boy' Mr Chase. But, as liberating as being tied up in Ethan's life is, Izzy knows the time is fast approaching when she must make some decisions and take charge of her future. The only question is: will Ethan allow himself to be part of it?

Becca's thoughts  

First of all, I'd like to wish the FANTASTIC Amelia Thorne a VERY HAPPY publication day for her brand new release Tied Up with Love, which publishes today with Carina UK. I'd also like to thank the author for allowing me to be a part of her fabulous blog tour, and for providing me with my very own copy of Tied Up with Love in exchange for a fair and honest review. Amelia's first book Beneath the Moon and the Stars (you can find my review here) was absolutely gorgeous, so of course, I expected nothing less when it came to Tied Up with Love. Without further ado, let me tell you why I loved this book. 

The genius idea behind Tied Up with Love was something that I've never come across before, and that in itself is pretty damn amazing, because I think by now, I must have read hundreds and hundreds of books, and skittered past tons of different plots and ideas.So, for me to find a book, even now, that is entirely different and unique to the others that I've read is just downright incredible, and very, very exciting! Amelia's creativity was completely let loose in this one, and it radiated through the words and the dialogue and her fantastic characters.

In a nutshell, Tied Up with Love focuses on Amelia's heroine Izzy. The story begins with just an average day for Izzy. Until, of course, a black van pulls up beside the pavement and she's bundled into the back of with no bloody clue about what's going on. Now, if that's not a way to begin a story, and to really hook your readers in, then I don't know what is. I think this opening took me by almost as much surprise as poor Izzy, and I knew from that moment on that I wouldn't be putting my Kindle down without a very good reason to. Little does Izzy know, she's been muddled up with someone else, but despite this hilarious turn of events, Izzy actually finds herself landing a job with KMW, something to keep her going until she jets off to Australia. To Izzy, this is the perfect set-up, but for the moody, grizzly but nevertheless insanely attractive Ethan Chase, not so perfect. As the story progresses, so does the fiery relationship between Izzy and Ethan, and it was gorgeously explosive!

Echoing Amelia's debut novel Beneath the Moon and the Stars, the author's descriptions and engaging, colourful characters are spot-on and so very enjoyable to read about. Might I mention incredibly easy to fall in love with, too? Izzy is hilarious, and ridiculously easy to take to, but also has this dynamite side to her personality that I just LOVED! She's not a woman to be messed about or told what to do, and this just made me love her all the more. Her smart-arse comebacks had me smirking, and at times laughing. The dynamic relationship between her and Ethan was exciting and thrilling to experience, even more so when the sexual chemistry slowly, tortuously began to heat up. Dayumn! These two, especially with the whole kinky 'KMW' business going on, I mean gah! There were moments of desperate squealing on my part where I was practically begging for them to kiss, because I just couldn't take it for a second longer! Ethan's character was the perfect opposite to this electricity between, just because he was so stony and moody at first. I love moody men though, so this wasn't a problem at all in my eyes. Ethan's reputation with women wasn't one of the best, I have to admit, but Izzy had this gorgeous ability to see through that, and also, as the story progressed, break through it, too. The two of them, together, rippled and worked so smoothly, it was like watching watercolour paint on the tip of a paintbrush being dipped into water. Of course, not only did Amelia Thorne treat us to Izzy and Ethan, but there were a whole cast of characters who made this gorgeous story what it was. There were the other members of 'KMW', one of them being Ethan's brother with a bit of hidden past. There was also Izzy's best-friend Becs, who was so down-to-earth and genuine, I immediately warmed to her. Just a whole group of fictional people who felt incredibly real and close to me by the end of the book. It was absolutely fantastic!

I cannot rate or recommend this book enough, I really can't. Amelia has seriously set the score endlessly high, and I'm already looking forward to her next release, whenever that may be. Romance, the sexy kinkery, the steamy moments, the back-chat and adventure. It all rolled into such a fabulous ending that struck this old romantic heart of mine again and again and again!

Becca's Books is rating Tied Up with Love by Amelia Thorne with FIVE SCRUMMY CUPCAKES! I just KNEW that this book would be worth the wait, and there is no doubt in my mind that her next one will be, too. Amelia, thank you so very much for inviting me along on the wonderful ride that is your blog tour, and I wish you the happiest publication day EVER. This, my dear readers, is the Valentine's Day read for YOU!










Post a Comment