Paranormal Intruder by Caroline Mitchell

'Courage is not the absence of fear, but triumph over it.'


Title - Paranormal Intruder
Author - Caroline Mitchell
Publication Date - 23rd November 2013
Publisher -
Format - eBook (Self-purchased)
Pages - 196

The blurb

An innocent family finds itself completely helpless against the sudden onset of paranormal activity in their quiet rural home. A knife embedded in a kitchen cupboard, crockery smashed by invisible hands, and blood-curdling growls emit from thin air. Caroline and her husband Neil search for answers as they try to protect their family from the unseen entity that seems determined to rip them apart.

The biggest question looms over them like a dark cloud... who is going to help us? There are emergency services for many things, but not of this nature. It might be easier to believe temporary insanity, if not for the vast amount of witnesses. Police, fire services, mediums, priests and investigators all become embroiled in the mystery. The family struggles to cope, and Caroline grows concerned for her husband's failing health as he withdraws from the world. However, the entity has only just begun. 

Paranormal Intruder is the true story of one family's brave fight against an invisible entity. Described as one of the best-documented cases of paranormal activity, this page turning book will stay with you long after you have finished reading it. 

Becca's thoughts   

*returns from reading in a daze*

Well, I really just have no idea of where to begin with this review. There are so many things going through my head right now, it's seeming rather impossible to form any sort of coherent sentence out of them.

I'm a very open-minded person, I always have been and I probably always will be. My mother is the same, and over the years she's told me about things that she's experienced, about things that she's never been able to explain. My own views on the paranormal definitely lean towards believing that there's something out there. I've never experienced anything myself, but I've always kept an open-mind in regards to spirits etc. purely because I just don't know. I've always been fascinated by people's accounts, and by pictures, videos and famous stories that have been around for years and years and so, when I spotted Caroline talking about her book on Twitter, it immediately caught my attention.

It wasn't long until I bought Paranormal Intruder and I really couldn't wait to begin reading it. Alongside the eagerness to get started, there was definitely a hesitation on my part, purely because things seem to stay with me for a long time, and I get so scared stupidly easily, it's ridiculous. The fact that Paranormal Intruder is based on true events really niggled at me before I'd even started reading, but in the end, I pulled myself together and began. After all, it must have taken a lot of courage and strength on the author's part to re-live her experiences whilst writing, and I had no reason to put it off any longer.

Paranormal Intruder was, to me, both shocking and compelling in equal measure. At times, I found myself not wanting to continue reading, but unable to turn away because I really wanted to know what happened next. Noises, physical attacks and dangerous attempts at fire-starting are to name but a few of the many unbelievable things that take place within this book, and it disturbed me to know that it had all truly taken place. At times, I found myself shaking my head in utter disbelief at what this poor family went through, because it was just so inconceivable. It's not something that's easy to take in and make sense of, that's for sure, and if that's how I felt from purely reading the book, I know it doesn't even come close to how the family that experienced it felt.

The book follows the family from the very first time the activity took place. From the shocking and the disturbing, to the terrifying and the downright chilling, Paranormal Intruder rocked me to my very core. Just to sit there and imagine these things happening, with no explanation and no apparent person who was doing these things, is the very height of fright and confusion. The evidence that the family picked up from their home was just insane, and I cannot fathom how scared they must have been during the time when it all took place.

By the time I'd finished reading this, I felt like I'd been with the family myself. Caroline's descriptions hit the nail right on the head, and I was left speechless, and utterly in awe of the family that suffered through it all. It really is a terrifying account of what happened and how the family tried to pick up the pieces of their lives.

Becca's Books is rating Paranormal Intruder by Caroline Mitchell with four of my cupcakes, although they really don't seem fitting. I can only hope that more people read Caroline's story and become aware of the horrors that the family went through. It's an eye-opener, and a frightening one at that.






      

1 comment :

  1. I have been curious about this book since finding out about it on twitter. Thanks for the review I will definitely be getting hold of this soon. Just hope I don't have nightmares!!

    ReplyDelete