BLOG TOUR ~ Dear Darling by Ellen Faith

Ellie Darling, PA to Adam Donley. It has a very nice ring to it. 


Title - Dear Darling
Author - Ellen Faith
Publication Date - July 29th 2015 
Format - Kindle Edition (Provided via tour host)

The blurb

'I'm 30 years old and sat celebrating with a greasy pizza and a bottle of cheap plonk.'

On her 30th birthday, Ellie Darling decides that it's time to start a diary. Mainly as a reminder for when she's old and living with cats that she once had a life that wasn't all bad. Even if it was one where at 30 years of age, she still refused to spend that extra £3 on the good wine instead of chocolate.

But when the only proposal she gets is from her boyfriend on Valentine's Day is that of a threesome, she decides that enough is enough! With a new, improved job as a Personal Assistant to one of the most feared Partners at her law firm - one that she doesn't seem able to stop dreaming about - Ellie decides that this will be her year. And if she has to run errands for her boss' neurotic Russian girlfriend or drag her best friend to a sponsored cycle with her now gay first love, then so be it.

Becca's thoughts 

First of all, I'd like to say HUGE thank you to the wonderfully talented author Ellen Faith for providing myself and her readers with yet another fantastic read, and thank you to the fabulous Tay from Chicks That Read for allowing me to be a part of the blog tour for Ellen's upcoming release, the highly anticipated Dear Darling.

It actually hasn't been all that long since I read Ellen's latest release Learn To Love Again, a story which was absolutely drenched in emotion and one that pulled on each and every little heart-string of mine. Despite adoring this gorgeous story, I really couldn't wait for Ellen's next chick-lit release, which was of course Dear Darling. Not that I don't like emotional stories because I most certainly do, but I've always loved the author's style when it comes to chick-lit, take The Story of Us and Home for the Holidays for example. Both were right up my street, and because of this, I was hanging on the edge of my seat, dying to get my hands on Dear Darling. Well lovely little bookish beauties, I'm utterly thrilled to be able to tell you that the wait was completely worth it, because Dear Darling had everything that I love in a good book, and then some. Let me tell you why I loved this story so much.

First of all, the characters. In Dear Darling, Ellen introduces us to Ellie Darling. If her name wasn't enough to make me fall in love with her, then her story pretty much did it for me. From the beginning, I adored Ellie. I loved her sarcasm, her internal dialogue, her witty remarks and the playful banter between her and her best friend Gina. Ellie really didn't have much going for her at all in the beginning, including an idiot of a boyfriend who doesn't offer the proposal she'd been waiting for (and whom I also wanted to smack in the face on Ellie's behalf), followed by a pretty manky apartment previously inhabited by a call-girl whose clients still pop round now and again. It was safe to say that what Ellie needed was something magical to come along and re-ignite her beliefs in happy endings and finding true love. With sassy but loyal Gina by her side, and a few mishaps along the way, it is Ellie's turn to be sprinkled with a little happiness and glitter, and happiness and glitter she gets. Just like in Ellen's previous novels, there was a gorgeous focus on friendship within Dear Darling that I absolutely adored. It was clear from the get-go that Ellie and Gina would be friends for life, and *nudge nudge Ellen*, I'd really LOVE to read Gina's story at some point in the future. The women were always there for each other, throughout the entirety of the novel, and it warmed my heart to see how they constantly had each other's backs, whether that be by Gina turning up on a Friday night with a couple of bottles of wine, or just comforting each other via email when Ellie really should have been working instead. I just loved the relationships within this story so much. They were one hundred percent believable, and so completely honest too, with the friendly banter and handing out of good advice. I felt, even as a reader, that I wanted to become a part of Ellie and Gina's friendship circle, which clearly had one hell of an unbreakable bond. Of course, not all of the characters within Dear Darling were good, honest people. Ellen did such a fantastic job in controlling how I felt about certain other characters within this novel, certain other characters that I was begging Ellie to take a punch at! Some infuriating, some quite obviously jealous and others just plain childish. There was such a great collection of people with secondary stories for me to sink my teeth into, making this book all the more enjoyable. And I really cannot be forgetting the jaw-droppingly gorgeous hero of Dear Darling, Mr Adam Donley, who ends up being Ellie's rather moody new boss. Mood or no mood though, this man was a complete God in a suit, complete with lunatic Russian girlfriend Saskia, and I couldn't wait to see what, if anything, would develop between Ellie and Mr Donley. I had my fingers crossed as I waited with baited breath for their chemistry to reach a point where it could be contained no longer and would explode, because my God there was chemistry, and a deliciously satisfying amount of it. 

The story itself moved at a fantastic pace, keeping me interested the entire way through, whether that be with progressions in Ellie's life, happenings between Ellie and Adam, errands to run, lunch meetings with the girls, office antics and so much more. There was romance, girlish giggles and I found myself completely wrapped up in the world that the author had created. I loved loved loved everything about this book. It was written in true Ellen Faith style, and I'm going to be thinking about Ellie and Adam for a very long time to come.

Becca's Books is awarding Dear Darling by Ellen Faith with FIVE GORGEOUS CUPCAKES! It had everything that I love about this author's work and already I can't wait for the next book from Ellen Faith. Brilliant characters, a brilliant plot and that needed pull for me to continue reading. Top marks from me, Miss Faith. I adored this story. 



Don't forget to keep up with the rest of the Dear Darling blog tour!














Post a Comment