BLOG TOUR ~ Fairytale Beginnings by Holly Martin

'When you wish upon a star...'


Title - Fairytale Beginnings
Author - Holly Martin
Publication Date - July 10th 2015
Publisher - Bookouture 
Format - Kindle Edition (Provided via publisher)
Pages - 282

The blurb

Love is an open door... except when it keeps slamming in your face.

Hopeless romantic Milly Rose has had her fair share of heartbreak. Obsessed with all things Disney, she refuses to give up on finding her Prince Charming - he's out there somewhere, isn't he?

When Milly is given a job to investigate the origins of a historical building in the village of Clover's Rest, she's not sure what to expect. What she discovers takes her breath away - a beautiful real life Cinderella castle, complete with turrets, a magnificent drawbridge AND a very handsome owner... Cameron Heartstone.

As Milly and Cameron begin to unearth the secrets of Clover Castle, they can't ignore the intense chemistry building between them. But they've both been hurt badly before. Can they take a big leap of faith and find their own happily-ever-after?

Who says real life can't be a fairytale?

Becca's thoughts 

First of all, I'd like to thank Holly Martin (AND WISH HER A WONDERFUL PUBLICATION DAY!!!) and her fabulous publishers Bookouture for inviting me along to be a part of what is going to be an INCREDIBLE blog tour, and also for providing me with a digital copy of Fairytale Beginnings which I loved, loved, LOVED so much I just wanted to drop kisses all over my Kindle as soon as it arrived.  

In the lead-up to digital copies of Fairytale Beginnings being sent out to reviewers, I received a few little mystery envelopes in the post, all twinkly and sparkly and so-super-cute that I couldn't help wondering what delight would soon be following them. It wasn't long until the secret was revealed and everyone was told of Holly Martin's brand new book Fairytale Beginnings and everything fell into place. My favourite of these mystery envelopes had to be the one that contained this beauuuuutiful star bracelet which, as it so happens, is the same bracelet that Holly's female protagonist, Milly, wishes upon whenever times get tough. How special is that? In case you wanted a sneaky peek at the bracelet in question, here it is!


Having this bracelet in my possession only made me feel closer to Milly, and I'm sure that for a very long time, I'll be using my very own star bracelet in times of need too.

So, onto my review of Fairytale Beginnings.

If you know me at all, then you'll know how much of a sucker I am for a fairytale romance. I THRIVE OFF IT! The swooniness, the magic, the dashing Prince Charming, the ball-gowns and the glass slippers. Disney movies have been very firmly stuck in my head since childhood so when I saw the cover and blurb for Fairytale Beginnings, I squealed with happiness and excitement. It's as if Holly Martin, in all of her magnificent authorly glory, came along and granted my wish with her magic wand and I couldn't have loved her more than at that very moment. It gave me an excuse (not that I needed one, let's be real), to let go of all of the stresses and worries of adulthood and retreat into a beautiful world full of wonder and fictional characters with a story that would, no doubt, capture my heart completely, and man was I right. This story had everything that I utterly adore, from the magnificent castle complete with turrets to the ridiculously charming hero who swept me off my feet from the get-go. It had the fairy-tale likeness that I can never get enough of, the intelligent yet beautiful heroine, a castle full of secrets and, yes, you better believe it, it's very own ghosts. OoOoOo! *spooky voice* ARGHHH! And I cannot forget the fact that it also has its very own drawbridge, dark tunnels leading to who knows where beneath the ground and JUST ALL OF THE BEAUTIFUL, MAGICAL THINGS THAT MAKE ME FALL IN LOVE!

*clears throat, pulls self together*
So. To the story itself, like a professional.
As you can probably gather from Fairytale Beginning's blurb, this novel focuses on Milly Rose as she sets out to take a good look around Clover Castle, nestled away in the charming yet slightly bizarre village of Clover's Rest, for the company that she works for, Castle Heritage. To be fair, I was a little bit jealous of Milly's job, mainly because she got to go and visit all of these beautiful, old buildings and, if the buildings in question were truly ancient, mostly from the medieval period, then Castle Heritage would snap them up and fix them up in whichever way they saw fit. So, when Milly finds herself with a broken down car in Clover's Rest, she's mighty surprised to stumble upon a real, true-to-life, fairy-tale castle.

If you've ever treated to yourself to one of Holly Martin's previous novels, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about when I say that Holly's imagination is an absolute delight. I have adored each of her previous novels and devoured them as quickly as possible just because they are so damn attractive. Holly has such a wonderful way with words, her descriptions of anything and everything delight/amuse/intrigue me and in Fairytale Beginnings, I was so thrilled to see that she hadn't lost her sparkle! The way Holly described Clover Castle to me was pretty much how Walt Disney has enchanted me with his movies over the years. I was bewitched as Holly described the exterior and interior of Clover Castle and I had all sorts of girly images floating through my mind as she continued to build up this glorious image for her readers. Think Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty... YES! YES! YES! 

The plot of Fairytale Beginnings was incredibly swoon-worthy and, just to add a hint of adultness to it, deliciously steamy too. Holly's main characters, Milly and Cameron, were fantastically paired and played the roles of Prince and Princess perfectly. Adding to this already heady mixture, there was hot tension, clashing personalities, two bad experiences with love and a rather interfering PA *glares*, but let's not talk about her... What I loved was the fact that Holly switched narratives with each chapter, and in doing so, gave the reader a glimpse into not only Milly's thoughts, but Cameron's too, which is something that I always find super exciting, and just that little bit sneaky. Each character was fabulously developed, each with their own hopes, dreams and fears, and I warmed to them both almost as soon as I'd met them. They were entertaining, made me laugh and even tear up on a few occasions, and made my reading of Fairytale Beginnings all the more enjoyable. Holly couldn't have created more perfect characters for this novel. It was as if they had always been meant to be paired together in this beautiful story and I'm so happy that they were.

Alongside the gorgeous romance, the fairy-tale surroundings and the amusing residents of Clover's Rest, there was also the teasing thread running right the way through the novel hinting towards mystery, discovery and adventure, which mixed the themes up superbly and held me captive as I waited for the next secret to be revealed. It was enticing, enchanting and completely satisfying for any hopeless romantics out there like myself, but with that added scorching heat for the grown-ups who love a fairytale too.

As you can probably tell from my review, Fairytale Beginnings by Holly Martin was absolutely gorgeous in every single way possible, from Milly and Cameron to the magnificent Clover Castle, and from the deliciously teasing romance and tension, to the secrets and mystery surrounding the novel. I felt like I hadn't read a Holly Martin novel for far too long but now I am completely satisfied, although I'm sure in a couple of days I'll be wondering where Holly's at with her next novel... because, you know, I can never go too long without one.

Becca's Books is awarding the glittering Fairytale Beginnings with FIVE SCRUMMY CUPCAKES! From back to front, front to back, I wanted to live within this story and walk the rooms of Clover Castle with my very own Prince Charming! Holly Martin and Bookouture, thank you again for the invite, and Holly, I wish you every single success with what will no doubt be a best-seller!



P.S Don't forget to follow the rest of the blog tour for #FairytaleBeginnings!



       





Post a Comment