Becca's Sunday bookshelf!


You know when you say that you're going to do something, and will ensure that you continue to keep on doing it? That's definitely me with my 'Sunday bookshelf' idea. The first time I shared my Sunday bookshelf feature turned out to be the last time too. I'm absolutely rubbish with things like this, and by that I mean making them continuous, but I've decided that I'm going to try again, because I really like it and I hope you do too! This week probably won't be too exciting to be honest, I haven't received much book-post lately but that's partly my fault because I've been contacted by publishers but have sadly turned down books because I've been focusing so much on writing my second novel with Carina, A Home in Sunset Bay. I also haven't had much chance to splurge on some lovely new books either. Boo! But I've actually managed to write a good few reviews, so that's something at least? *hangs head in shame*

~ Books from me, to me ~

Like I said above, I really haven't had chance to splurge on books like I normally love to, however I did manage to grab two novels from fellow Carina authors Ann Troup (The Lost Child) and Lynsey James (Just The Way You Are). If you're anything like me, then you'll know how frustrating it is when you can't help but to continue adding to your to-read lists because there are just so many fantastic books out there! I have no idea when I'll finally reach them but I'm hoping it's very soon, as I've heard wonderful things about both. I also had a very special parcel delivered containing these two beauties by the fabulous Ellen Faith who writes the most gorgeous novels! I chose to buy Ellen's debut novel The Story of Us and her latest release Dear Darling, both of which I read and loved as eBooks but wanted on my bookshelf because they were just so wonderful! (They also look pretty, so win-win!)


~ Book from the publisher, to me ~

As mentioned above, there hasn't been a lot of action on this front, but I did, yesterday morning, receive a fabulous parcel from the lovely folk over at Avon Books, containing two copies of a very exciting, very intriguing book! 


I've been seeing this book everywhere recently, so I was incredibly excited when I opened the parcel and saw not one, but TWO copies! Little Girl Gone by Alexandra Burt is said to be 'Gone Girl meets The Girl on the Train', so I can't wait to get stuck in! Thank you so much, Avon, you spoil me absolutely rotten!

~ Books I've reviewed this week ~


In case you weren't aware, this week I returned from my self-imposed blogging break, during which I managed to read a fabulous amount of books alongside working on finishing my first draft of A Home in Sunset Bay! I've got lots of reviews scheduled for the rest of this month and early October, but here are the titles which I scheduled for this week, if you fancy catching up on them!


Aaaaaand, I think that pretty much brings you up-to-date in terms of bookish things that have happened this week! How was yours? Did you receive any exciting book-post? Did you manage to read a ton of books, or pin down those reviews that you've been meaning to get written? Let me know! I'd love to hear how your own bookish week has gone! 

Thank you so much for reading, and I mean it when I say that I'll definitely be making more of an effort with Becca's Sunday bookshelf.














Post a Comment