BLOG TOUR! - A Christmas Cracker by Trisha Ashley

Today on Becca's Books, I'm thrilled to be welcoming my stop on the blog tour for Trisha Ashley's A Christmas Cracker! For your festive bookish pleasure, I have not one, but two fabulous pieces to share with you today. The first being a piece from the fabulous Trisha Ashley, on what makes her Christmas completely perfect, and the second, an extract from A Christmas Cracker! It's all very exciting and I do hope you enjoy, book folk! Special thanks to Trisha Ashley, and to her fabulous publishers Avon for inviting me along on the tour!


Title - A Christmas Cracker
Author - Trisha Ashley 
Publication Date - October 22nd 2015 (eBook & paperback)
Publisher - Avon

This Christmas is about to go off with a bang!

Things can't possibly get worse for Tabby. Framed for a crime she didn't commit, she suddenly finds herself without a job. Then to make matters worse, Tabby's boyfriend dumps her and gives her cat away to a shelter.

But rescue comes in the form of kindly Mercy. A master of saving waifs and strays, Mercy wants Tabby to breathe new flair into her ailing cracker business. Together, they'll save Marwood's Magical Christmas Crackers.

But someone has other ideas. Mercy's nephew Randal thinks Tabby's a fraudster. Stubborn, difficult and very attractive, her future depends upon winning him round. But it's that time of the year when miracles really can happen. Standing under the mistletoe, Tabby's Christmas is set to be one that she will never forget...

What makes your Christmas completely perfect?
By Trisha Ashley

The magic moment always comes late on Christmas Eve, when the house is filled with a feeling of expectation, as if poised on the edge of something exciting. There's enough food and drink to withstand a siege, and the decorations are up and a wonderful scent of cinnamon, scented fir cones and peeled satsumas fills the air. Then a car door slams outside, signalling my son's arrival and it's time to pull up the drawbridge, break out the mincepies and let revelry commence!

‘You mean you’ve known for ages that your boss at Champers&Chocs was passing off bottles of cheap fizz as vintage champagne, and you haven’t done a single thing about it?’ Kate exclaimed incredulously, her pale blue eyes wide and a cup of herbal tea the exact colour of cat pee suspended halfway to her rose-tinted lips.
Kate was my opposite in looks, being small, fair and cute, though she wasn’t as cute as she thought she was, unless you were really fond of rabbits. And speaking of rabbits, she should long since have put her penchant for pale pink fluffy jumpers behind her, even if the angora had been ethically sourced, which I doubted.
I sighed and stirred my Americano, starting to wish I hadn’t said anything about it because, after all, she and her husband were Jeremy’s old friends, not mine, and she’d been less than welcoming when we’d first got engaged. But some­times Kate and I would meet up for coffee and, that day being one of those occasions, my worries had spilled out of me the moment we’d sat down.
It wouldn’t have happened if I’d been able to tell my best friend, Emma, but since she’d remarried she’d increasingly been
having problems of her own with her husband, Desmond, so I hadn’t wanted to burden her with mine.
Still, at least she wouldn’t have gazed at me in the sad, accusing way Kate was, when I looked up.
‘The idea that anything fraudulent was going on never crossed my mind until I found out by accident,’ I explained. ‘I mean, I don’t think I’d even seen a real bottle of cham­pagne, other than on the TV, until I got engaged to Jeremy.’
‘No, I don’t suppose there are champagne bars on every corner of council estates,’ she said snidely. ‘Just cheap booze shops.’
For the last years of her life, Mum and I had shared a specially adapted council bungalow on a very nice estate, but Kate always talked as if I was dragged up in a slum and had made some giant social leap by getting engaged to a member of the teaching profession.
‘Oh, forget it,’ I snapped.
‘No, you can’t just leave it there without telling me how you found out and why you didn’t report it to the police,’ she insisted.
‘Because I thought it had stopped. It was before last Christmas, when I was packing special orders one evening and my boss and I were the only people there. There was a phone call and I walked into his office to tell him—’
‘I have wondered about those late nights, just the two of you . . .’ she said suggestively.


Trisha Ashley writes romantic comedies, and her latest novel, Creature Comforts, is her seventh consecutive Sunday Times Top Ten bestseller. Her novels have twice been shortlisted for the Melissa Nathan award for Romantic Comedy and Every Woman For Herself was nominated by readers as one of the top three romantic novels of the last fifty years. She is from St Helens in West Lancashire, and believes that her typically dark Lancashire sense of humour in adversity, crossed with a good dose of Celtic creativity from her Welsh grandmother, have made her what she is today... whatever that is. Five of her novels are set in rural West Lancashire and three in Wales. They frequently explore aspects of the three F's that are a constant in her own life: Food, Flowers and Friendship and include delicious recipes at the back. Nowadays she lives in North Wales, together with the neurotic Border Collie foisted onto her by her son, and a very chancy muse. She is the founder member of NW Novelistas Ink, a group of twelve novelists, several of whom are bestselling, who meet regularly in North Wales; she is also a long term member of the Society of Authors and a member of Literature Wales.

You can find Trisha Ashley on Facebook | Twitter | trishaashley.com
You can find A Christmas Cracker on -
































Post a Comment