BLOG TOUR! - Snowflakes on Silver Cove by Holly Martin


Title - Snowflakes on Silver Cover
Author - Holly Martin
Publication Date - October 30th 2015
Publisher - Bookouture
Series - White Cliff Bay (#2)
Format - Kindle Edition (Provided via NetGalley)
Pages - 294

Libby Joseph is famous for her romantic Christmas stories. Every December, readers devour her books of falling in love against the magical backdrop of the Christmas season. If only Libby believed in the magic herself...

Struggling to finish her current novel, Libby turns to her best friend and neighbour George Donaldson to cheer her up. But George also needs a bit of support himself. Nervous about getting back into the dating saddle after splitting from his wife, he and Libby strike a deal. She will teach George how to win over the ladies, and Libby will in turn be inspired to inject her novel with a good dose of romance.

As Libby and George explore the beautiful White Cliff Bay on a series of romantic Christmas-themed dates, Libby finds herself having more fun than she's had in ages and... discovers feelings that she never knew she had for George. 

But is it too late? Will George win someone else's heart or can Libby act like the heroine in one of her stories and reach for her own love under the mistletoe this Christmas?

Snuggle up with a piece of Christmas cake and mulled wine, and spend the festive season at White Cliff Bay. You won't want to leave!

My oh my. I'm sure I've said this exact same thing in my previous reviews of Holly Martin's novels, but she just keeps getting better and better with each book. I've recently read and reviewed Christmas at Lilac Cottage, so I couldn't wait to disappear into the second White Cliff Bay story which, just in case you weren't aware, takes place during the exact same week as the first. Although these two books are linked, I'm sure you could read each as a standalone without worrying about missing something previously. That's the magic of Holly Martin, you can be sure that you'll never miss a thing!

In a nutshell, Snowflakes on Silver Cove follows the story of Libby Joseph and George Donaldson. Best-friends, closer than close, the bond between Holly's heroine and hero was just beautiful. Throughout the telling of this story, we're witness to Libby attempting to find that all-important inspiration to finish her novel, and to George figuring out how to get back into the dating saddle after his marriage sadly fell apart. Along with gorgeous companionship, friendship and a togetherness that cannot be matched, I think Holly Martin told this story beautifully, and her characters, as they so often are, were people I could know and love pretty spectacularly in real life.

One of the aspects that I thoroughly enjoyed about Snowflakes on Silver Cove was that, despite the main thread of this novel following Libby and George's story, we're also introduced to a handful of secondary characters too. Even though some of these characters don't spend so much of their time in the narrative limelight, I felt that what Holly provided me with in regards to them, small details of their pasts and from their dialogue, was enough for me to appreciate their presence in the plot. Alongside those characters, a second thread followed Seb and Amy's story which had it all. The romance, the emotion, the difficulties in finding a safe-place for their relationship to happen. All of these characters were sensational, their separate stories intriguing and deliciously satisfying!

The main thread running between Libby and George was the one that won my heart over completely though. I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps Holly Martin is swiftly becoming a romance queen? I mean, she just gets it spot-on every single time. The swooning, the adorable hero, the moments of tenderness, the moments of passion... She does it all, and in such an effective way too. I don't think I've ever finished one of Martin's novels without feeling like I could burst from the feeling her stories provide me with! Warmth, snuggly satisfaction, and sheer happiness and joy! I also absolutely adored that Libby wrote novels for a living, romance novels that is. I myself love to read and write so I was able to liken myself to Libby immediately. Having been on the move for so long, Libby has never thought about settling down somewhere permanently, but her friendship with George becomes stronger than ever when it becomes decided that, to help her find inspiration for her novels, and to help George out when it comes to dating, Libby will assist him. They head out on practice dates together, laugh and joke and smile, and Holly created moments that I would have loved to have been in myself. I was also drawn to George quickly. his vulnerability and beautiful nature winning me over from the get-go and I wanted nothing more than for his confidence to be given a boost, which Libby did so perfectly!

In terms of setting, White Cliff Bay is the place to be this Christmas, there is no doubt about it. You see snow-globes with New York and Paris within, but what I'd really love to see is a snow-globe hiding the beauty of White Cliff Bay. It really wouldn't look out of place with glitter and snow falling down. With the pub and the ocean and the people of the town, I was completely enveloped within the goings-on taking place, and was thrilled when I saw mentions of Penny and Henry from Holly's first book in the series Christmas at Lilac Cottage

Overall, I utterly adored Snowflakes on Silver Cove by Holly Martin. It captivated me, drew me in, held me under its magical spell and left me feeling as if I'd just stepped out of a winter wonderland, the fairy-tale sort. With sleigh-rides and ice-carving, this is one novel you do not want to miss out on this festive season!

Becca's Books is awarding Snowflakes on Silver Cove by Holly Martin with FIVE GORGEOUS CUPCAKES! This author, and the gorgeous characters and settings she creates, are an ultimate favourite of mine, and by the way things are looking, she will continue to be exactly that for a very long time yet.



Holly lives in sunny Bedforshire in a house with round windows. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by an even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years' service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university to train to be a teacher. Three years later, she emerged wide eyed and terrified that she now had responsibility for the development of thirty young minds. She taught for four years and then escaped the classroom to teach history workshops, dressing up as a Viking one day and an Egyptian High Priestess the next. But the long journeys around the UK and many hours sat on the M25 gave her a lot of time to plan out her stories and she now writes full time, doing what she loves. 

Holly has been writing for 6 years. She was shortlisted for the New Talent Award at the Festival of Romance. Her short story won the Sunlounger competition and was published in the Sunlounger anthology. She won the Carina Valentine's competition at the Festival of Romance 2013 with her novel The Guestbook. She was shortlisted for Best Romantic Read, Best eBook and Innovation in Romantic Fiction at the Festival of Romance 2014.

You can find Holly Martin on Facebook | Twitter | hollymartin.wordpress.com
You can find Snowflakes on Silver Cove on -




  








Post a Comment