Christmas on Becca's Books | All Things Christmas by Alison Drew

~ All Things Christmas ~

By Alison Drew

Christmas Memories
My earliest Christmas memories include being so excited to help decorate the tree, go out into the local countryside to collect holly branches with berries & mistletoe, helping my grandmother bake the cakes & puddings to have a 'magic wish stir'. I was the youngest of three children, with a large age gap so I was effectively the baby of the family so consequently spoilt! I knew I would always get an amazing present from my brother .. he always managed to get me the most wanted item on my 'wishlist'.  

I don't recall ever having lunch cooked at home by my mother we always seemed to visit grandparents! Plenty of food, crackers, silly jokes, games, the Queens speech & whatever film was on TV. 

Once I was married we tended to follow the same routine until we discovered travelling was a nicer prospect, so we have spent many holiday seasons in New York or touring the US. 

Favourite Christmas 
My favourite Christmas has to be the year my son was born .. I have never had a better present! He was born at 1:07pm so we always celebrate his birthday during Christmas lunch :) 
He was due a several days earlier, he hadn't arrived so I was determined I would enjoy the day .. he had other ideas so we spent the day/night in hospital but the atmosphere was wonderful although I never got any festive food at all! However we were presented with a silver spoon keepsake to honour the special delivery  & the local newspaper took our pic which was on the front of the paper .. so great memories & what better way to announce his birth as a Christmas Day baby.


Christmas Reading Recommendations (to keep it bookish)
I love Christmas books, one of my favourite times of the year & there is nothing nicer than curling up with a cup of tea, mince pie & a good read .. due to my heavy review schedule I haven't been able to read as many as I would like so far this year but I am determined to rectify that.

Read so far:
Christmas Ever After - Sarah Morgan
Wish Upon A Christmas Cake - Darcie Boleyn
Winter's Fairytale - Maxine Morrey 
What Happens At Christmas - TA Williams
Sex, Snow & Mistletoe - Laura Barnard 
Christmas At Lilac Cottage - Holly Martin
Survival Of The Christmas Spirit - Aimee Horton
The Little Bookshop On The Seine - Rebecca Raisin

Still on my to read list:
One Wish In Manhattan - Mandy Baggott
Every Time A Bell Rings - Carmel Harrington 
Merry Mistletoe - Emma Davies
A Miracle At Macy's - Lynn Marie Hulsman
My Big Fat Christmas Wedding - Samantha Tonge
A Very Country Christmas - Zara Stoneley
Snowflakes On Silver Cove - Holly Martin
How To Stuff Up Christmas - Rosie Blake
Never Kiss A Man In A Christmas Jumper - Debbie Johnson
With Love From Paris This Christmas - Jules Wake
The Boy Under The Mistletoe - Katey Lovell

And I keep adding them!!

You can find Alison Drew on Facebook | Twitter | Ali the Dragon Slayer


Post a Comment