Christmas on Becca's Books | Christmas Q&A with Kevin, Bookevin

~ Christmas Q&A ~

With Kevin, Bookevin

What does Christmas mean to you?
Well, living in Malaysia, we don’t get snow. Yes, I’ve never touched actual snow before unless you count the ice shavings at the side of my old freezer. So Christmas for me is the time for me and my family to visit shopping malls and drool over all the gorgeous Christmas decorations!

When does the Christmas excitement usually begin in your household?
My family and I don’t really celebrate Christmas. We’d just have a lovely family dinner at a restaurant during Christmas Eve or spend the holidays at home, watching telly and having a lazy day at home. Well, of course, I’d be reading!

In terms of present shopping, do you like to begin early and stay organised, or are you a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type of shopper?
I’m a horrible friend. I don’t usually send Christmas presents. However, I do send Christmas cards!

What’s your favourite part of a Christmas dinner?
Spending time with my family! Definitely. Good food and even better company!

Least favourite part?
My Mum once made a turkey dinner. Well, the least favourite part would be the cleaning up, I guess. Who likes to clean, am I right?

Ultimate favourite Christmas song?
I don’t have a particular favourite Christmas song, but I do like to dance to Jingle Bell Rock (thanks to Mean Girls!).

Favourite Christmas movie?
I loved watching Home Alone when I was growing up!

Is Christmas usually a huge family affair for you, or a small gathering?
Christmas falls on our school holidays in Malaysia (we get about 6 weeks of holidays from mid-November until New Year) so sometimes my family and I will visit my cousins and have some Christmas shopping done! Or just head to malls and soak up the Christmas festivities!

Who does the cooking?
My Mum! I’m a hazard in the kitchen!

Favourite gift received?
The most thoughtful gift I received was sent to me by the lovely Carole Matthews! It’s a Santa snow globe and it’s a beauty in my book cabinet. I shake it every time I open my book cabinet!

A Christmas reading recommendation?
Oh, this is a tough one. I adore Christmas reads every year and I can’t decide on only one! But if I were to recommend some, it’d be Calling Mrs Christmas by Carole Matthews, The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson and Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood. Among my favourites!

If Santa could grant you one wish this year, what would it be?
Hmm. Easy. I’d make him send me a new book every day. Duh.

Three favourite Christmas smells?
Freshly-baked cookies, roast turkey and cinnamon!

Has anything ever happened to you, to make you wonder if Christmas time really is magical?
Being a completely and utterly hopeless romantic, I do believe in the magic of Christmas! Well, nothing has really happened to me that made me believe in the miracle of Christmas, but I’ve read enough novels and seen films to know that it exists!

If you could spend Christmas anywhere, where would you spend it?
Ooh, definitely New York. I heard it’s beautiful during Christmastime. (goes off to sigh over pictures of NYC during Christmas on Google)

How do you spend Boxing Day?
Can you believe the cheek of the retailers in Malaysia? They don’t have Boxing Day here! Imagine all the shopping that could be done! ALL THE BOOKS. And cute sweaters.
Thank you so much for allowing me to be on your blog, Becca! xxx

You can find Kevin on Twitter | bookevin.wordpress.com


Post a Comment