Christmas on Becca's Books | Christmas Q&A with Sharon, Shaz's Book Blog

~ Christmas Q&A ~

With Sharon, Shaz's Book Blog

What does Christmas mean to you?
This is a toughie for me as when I was younger, and my mum was still alive, it was definitely a time for spending with the family.  But sadly in recent years I don't really celebrate on Christmas Day itself because there's only me here as my brother lives overseas and don't have any other immediate family.
But I do love the whole build up to the day itself with the chance to catching up with friends who I don't see that regularly, especially those who are just home for a few days.

When does the Christmas excitement usually begin in your household?
Since I've set up the blog then I'm normally getting into the festive spirit with features with fellow bloggers and authors but due to personal circumstances this year I'm not doing anything but instead I'm doing a 12 Days of Christmas daily giveaway so still something Christmassy going on.

In terms of present shopping, do you like to begin early and stay organised, or are you a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type of shopper?
I am, and always have been, a mega organised person so I generally have an idea what I want to buy for everyone so keep an eager eye out for sales and bargains, especially when most of the gifts for my friends these days have to be posted throughout the UK or Internationally. 

What’s your favourite part of a Christmas dinner? Least favourite part?
I love it all, roast Turkey and all the trimmings apart from Cranberry sauce which I hate.

Ultimate favourite Christmas song?
Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl

Favourite Christmas movie?
Miracle on 34th Street although I do love vegging out and watching whatever film is on the Christmas movie channel even if I have seen them hundreds of times before!

Is Christmas usually a huge family affair for you, or a small gathering?
A very intimate dinner for one.

Who does the cooking?
Sadly me but I do normally still cook a roast but just a mini version.

What sits atop your Christmas tree?
I only have a mini decoration tree which a friend bought me when I told her previously that I don't bother with decorations in my flat.

Do you decorate with precision, or happy chaos?
Other than the mini tree mentioned above, I don't really decorate.

Who does the washing up afterwards?
Me

Favourite gift received?
I would probably have to say my bike when I was little, even though my balance was awful and I kept falling off it!

A Christmas reading recommendation?
Ooo toughie as read so many Christmas stories since I set up my blog but I guess the one that takes me back to great memories as a child reading it with my mum would have to be A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

If Santa could grant you one wish this year, what would it be?
Good health for everyone I know as the last few years have been awful, especially the last couple of months, for friends and colleague's losing loved ones. It would be great to have a full year with nothing awful happening.

How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?
I'm normally awake at my usual time, 6am but generally tend to lay in bed reading until about 9ish. Last year I spent Christmas with my friend and her family so it was a case of waiting till anyone else was awake and then go downstairs to be with them all.

Three favourite Christmas smells?
Umm I'm not really one for candles or anything smelly so only smell I can come up with is Roast Gammon in the slow cooker that normally accompanies Christmas dinner.

Have you ever spent Christmas away from home? Did you enjoy it, or miss the familiar surroundings?
Yes, back in 2008 I went to Florida with a friend and her family for Christmas and New Year.  We weren't going to do the tradtional Christmas dinner but we did end up in Walmart on Christmas Eve trying to buy a Turkey breast joint and trimmings to cook for the next day.

Do you pile presents around the tree, or wait until Christmas Eve so they’re there on Christmas morning?
I normally pile up my pressies on my side table in the living room ready to open in the morning.  Last year I was totally spoilt by my friend and her family but I've also made some great online friends over the last few years who spoilt me too.  People may mock about online friendships but I can honestly say it was the best decision to set up my blog as I have made some great friends who I hope will be lifelong friends.

Has anything ever happened to you, to make you wonder if Christmas time really is magical?
I'm afraid not.

If you could spend Christmas anywhere, where would you spend it?
Anywhere so long as I had good company and great books to read.

Cranberry sauce or not?
Yuck, definitely NO!

Mince pie or Christmas pudding?
Mince Pie

Any special Christmas traditions?
We always had to sit and watch the Queens Speech when mum was alive so I generally still tend to put the TV on to watch it.

How do you spend Boxing Day?
Nothing special, normally just vegging out reading or watching movies.

At what point do the Christmas decorations come down?
Have to admit that I tend to put my mini tree away on boxing day and the cards will go into the recycling bin ready for whenever the next collection day is.

What are you looking forward to most, this Christmas?
This year I've actually got a nice long break from work, finish on 23rd and don't go back until 31st (but then have another long weekend because of the New Year bank holiday).

You can find Shaz's Book Blog on Facebook | Twitter | shazsbookboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

2 comments :

  1. awww Sharon seems like a lovely lady Merry Christmas to her and hope she has a happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is wonderful, Tracy!
      Thank you so much for stopping by.
      Becca xxx

      Delete