Christmas on Becca's Books | Christmas Q&A with Natalie K Martin

~ Christmas Q&A ~

With Natalie K Martin

What does Christmas mean to you?
Christmas to me means time off, cheesy movies and being around loved ones. Oh, and lots of food!

When does the Christmas excitement usually begin in your household?
On Christmas morning!

In terms of present shopping, do you like to begin early and stay organised, or are you a fly-by-the at-of-your-pants type of shopper? I like to think I'm early, but that's not true! I never leave it til Christmas Eve though. I'm usually done by the beginning of December.

What’s your favourite part of a Christmas dinner?
Turkey, baby! But I've turned vegetarian this year, so I have to for Tofurkey :)

Least favourite part?
Sprouts. Why were they even invented??

Ultimate favourite Christmas song?
Oh wow, there's just too many to mention! Do they know it's Christmas, All I want for Christmas is you, Frosty The Snowman...too many!

Favourite Christmas movie?
I actually don't do Christmas movies, but I always watch The Never Ending Story. It's one of my faves :)

Is Christmas usually a huge family affair for you, or a small gathering?
It's normally just Mum, Stepdad and siblings, but this year I'll be with my boyfriend's family, and I have no idea how that goes down!

 Who does the cooking?
My mum usually cooks, but last year I did it. Not looking forward to that again - it was hard work. Hats off to my mum for doing it every year!

 What sits atop your Christmas tree?
Fairy, always!

Do you decorate with precision, or happy chaos?
I try a bit of both. The only rule is: no tinsel. I hate it!

 Who does the washing up afterwards?
Me. Weird confession: I actually enjoy washing up!

Favourite gift received?
Hmmmm......I actually don't have one! I can say I've liked them all though

A Christmas reading recommendation?
Go for a classic! No rules!

 If Santa could grant you one wish this year, what would it be?
To write more books!

How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?
Normal time...I don't bounce out of bed to rush for the presents as my sister will always manage to sleep later than me!

Three favourite Christmas smells?
Roast turkey (even if I'm veggie), Apple crumble and Guinness Punch

 Have you ever spent Christmas away from home? Did you enjoy it, or miss the familiar surroundings?
Last year I was in Goa, and spent the morning hungover and surfing. It was fabulous being in the heat and I enjoyed it, but it didn't feel like 'Christmas'

Do you pile presents around the tree, or wait until Christmas Eve so they’re there on Christmas morning?
No, we pile them up! IT builds the anticipation :)

 Has anything ever happened to you, to make you wonder if Christmas time really is magical?
My little brother was born! That's pretty magical. And last year, I spent it getting to know the guy I'd moved in with on Christmas Eve and now we're together so...yeah :)

 If you could spend Christmas anywhere, where would you spend it?
In a wooden cabin, somewhere in the woods with lots of snow and a roaring fire

 Cranberry sauce or not?
Nope! Apple sauce all the way!

 Mince pie or Christmas pudding?
Neither! I hate both and I can't stand raisins

Any special Christmas traditions?
Nope

How do you spend Boxing Day?
Usually vegging in front of the TV with movies. I definitely don't do the sales, it's too much for me!

At what point do the Christmas decorations come down?
12 days after Christmas, of course!

What are you looking forward to most, this Christmas?
Spending it in a new place, with my new boyfriend and his family. It'll be pretty special :)



In January 2014, Sheffield born Natalie Martin decided to leave her corporate job in London and experience the world - heading off on travels that would take her as far as Cambodia, North India, Goa, and Thailand, and would change her outlook on life for good. Whilst travelling in India, her debut novel Together Apart, became a No.1 bestseller on Amazon charts. Love You Better, her second full length novel, also became a bestseller on release in October 2015. 

Natalie's base is in London but she is very much a modern day nomad, never quite knowing where she'll end up next. A trained Yoga instructor, Natalie is still traveling and indulging in her three loves: writing, yoga and surfing. 


You can find Natalie K Martin on Facebook | Twitter | nataliekmartin.com



Post a Comment