Christmas on Becca's Books | Christmas Q&A with Rachel, Rachel's Random Reads

~ Christmas Q&A ~

With Rachel, Rachel's Random Reads

What does Christmas mean to you?
A month or more of fabulous books, cheesy music, festive films, and hoping for a White Christmas. I become like a child at Christmas, and feel it's a magical time of the year!

When does the Christmas excitement usually begin in your household?
From me often around as early as October. From my mum, I'll let you know if I ever spot her excited for Christmas!

In terms of present shopping, do you like to begin early and stay organised, or are you a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type of shopper?
Generally I don’t exchange many presents, so will just buy as I remember that I need them. 

What’s your favourite part of a Christmas dinner? 
Yule log with Brandy Butter, and pulling the Christmas crackers!

Least favourite part?
Turkey with all the trimmings. My family luckily know this, so make me some Chicken instead!

Ultimate favourite Christmas song? 
Last Christmas by Wham

Favourite Christmas movie?
Muppet’s Christmas Carol

Is Christmas usually a huge family affair for you, or a small gathering?
Normally my grandparents, my family and my aunts family, so around 8-10 people total

Who does the cooking? 
Either my grandma or aunt depending whose house we are at

What sits atop your Christmas tree? 
A Silver star

Do you decorate with precision, or happy chaos? 
The only decoration we have is the tiny Christmas tree, and its generally got a few different colours of baubles on it, and then any decorations I have randomly bought because I can’t resist. If I ever get my own place, it will be happy chaos and very pretty!

Who does the washing up afterwards? 
Not me!

Favourite gift received? 
Each year for the past few years I have had tickets to 2 musicals of my choice, so from those I would probably say my ticket to Book of Mormon as its hilarious and such a great show

A Christmas reading recommendation?
From the many Christmas books I have already read this year, I would recommend A Miracle at Macy’s by Lynn Marie Hulsman as it will completely get you in the Christmas spirit. If you haven’t read it yet Becca I would move it up your list!

If Santa could grant you one wish this year, what would it be?
To give me enough time for the next year to read all the books that I could ever want to read!

How early do you wake up on Christmas morning?
Whenever I happen to wake up, so not very early. Without young kids in the family, the day itself has unfortunately lost some of its magic.

Three favourite Christmas smells?
Cinammon, Santa, Gingerbread

Have you ever spent Christmas away from home? Did you enjoy it, or miss the familiar surroundings?
Ask me this again next year! I’m off to Fuerteventura this year for Christmas, I have 2 weeks in the sun and will be by the pool on Christmas day! I am not expecting to miss much apart from perhaps the wishing of everyone Merry Christmas on Social media.

Do you pile presents around the tree, or wait until Christmas Eve so they’re there on Christmas morning? 
Our tree is far too small to fit presents under it. I awake Christmas morning to a stocking full of small gifts from Santa!

Has anything ever happened to you, to make you wonder if Christmas time really is magical?
How can you ask that? Everyone knows Christmas is the most magical time of the year. “Seeing isn’t Believing. Believing is seeing”. I am more than willing to believe that Christmas is magical, and I know that Santa lives in Lapland, surrounded by elves!

If you could spend Christmas anywhere, where would you spend it?
At my favourite hotel in Cuba. I was there one year in the run up to Christmas and it was really nicely decorated. Looked at it for my Christmas break this year, and the price was ridiculous!

 Cranberry sauce or not?
Not

 Mince pie or Christmas pudding?
Neither – Yule Log please!

Any special Christmas traditions?
Arguing about whether we will watch the Queens Speech, at 3pm, by the time my uncle wins, its already finished!

How do you spend Boxing Day?
At home, online normally. This year will be by a pool though!

At what point do the Christmas decorations come down?
12th Night if we remember if not sometime after that!

What are you looking forward to most, this Christmas?
My holiday, can’t wait!

You can find Rachel on Twitter | rachelsrandomreads.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment