Christmas on Becca's Books | Christmas Memories & Traditions by Anabelle Bryant

~ Christmas Memories & Tradition ~

By Anabelle Bryant

Christmas. The word is magical. Not for the obvious reasons; the gifts, carols and ridiculous caloric intake, but for the power it possesses. There’s a treasury of memories, childhood through adult, locked into those nine letters. It conjures all kinds of happy thoughts and appeals to every one of my senses, just by uttering the word.
Growing up, Christmas was always a huge celebration. My grandparents lived downstairs and my grandmother adored Christmas, the baking, cooking and giving were endless celebrations onto themselves. The world was much smaller in the sense that people visited for hours and often traveled far to be together for the holiday. Much has changed through technology, but the spirit of family togetherness will always be a large part of Christmas for me. Preparing my grandmother’s recipes or displaying her little felt elves bring back a rush of nostalgia.
My love of the holiday has grown over the years and I’ve collected decorations throughout my home which go up (bite my tongue) before Thanksgiving. I have a different themed tree in each room – including the kitchen appropriately decorated in handsome gingerbread men. Having indoor lighted decorations make each room glow with celebration. Christmas carols play in my car when I’m traveling and I’ve been known to hand a candy cane to the toll taker as I pass through on the highway.
I’m a giver and enjoy the joy of finding the perfect gift ever hoping to instill the same excitement I had when discovering my Barbie Dream House all those years ago as a child on Christmas morning. And I fill stockings for my friends and family, because sometimes the best presents are the unexpected little things stuffed down in the bottom of the sock.
Of course the true meaning of the holiday is always with me too. Someday I’ll write a Christmas novel complete with the traditions of England during the Regency, but until then you can find me with the eggnog and Christmas cookies in the kitchen. I hope your holidays are extra special and spent with the family and celebrations that create the perfect Christmas for you. I’d love to hear about your traditions.


Anabelle began reading at age three and never stopped. Her passion for reading soon turned into a passion for writing and an author was born. Happy to grab her suitcase if it ensures a new adventure, Anabelle finds endless inspiration in travel; especially imaginary jaunts into romantic Regency England, a far cry from her home in New Jersey. Instead, her clever characters live out her daydreams because really, who wouldn't want to dance with a handsome duke or kiss a wicked earl? 

Though teaching keeps her grounded, photography, running, and writing counterbalance her wanderlust. Often found with her nose in a book, Anabelle has earned her Master's Degree and is pursuing her Doctorate Degree in education. She proudly owns her addiction to French fries and stationery supplies, as well as her frightening ineptitude with technology. A firm believer in romance, Anabelle knows sometimes life doesn't provide a happily ever after, but her novels always do. She enjoys talking with her fans. 

You can find Anabelle Bryant on Facebook | Twitter | anabellebryant.com




Post a Comment