Christmas on Becca's Books | Creating Christmas Traditions by Ellen Faith

~ Creating Christmas Traditions ~

By Ellen Faith

IT’S CHRISTMAAAAAS! Well, almost, and I am so thrilled to be taking part in Becca’s amazing Christmas line up. Hasn’t it been amazing so far?!
This year will be my first year as a Mrs and I couldn’t be happier. Granted, I am feeling overly mushy at the moment and am making myself want to heave at times but it’s our first year as husband and wife so I want to start as I mean to go on.
Last year, pre wedding, we both decided that we would start a new tradition and make a special trip every year to buy a real Christmas tree and decorate it together with Christmas music on in the background and mulled wine in hand. Okay, that last bit might be me forcing the boy to listen to Merry Christmas Everyone over and over and over and over again! But what is Christmas without some kind of bickering anyway?
Now that we’re married, I’ve decided that I really want to create some solid traditions for us to continue year after year. One idea was something that I included in my Christmas book last year, Home for The Holidays. It’s simple but I want a photograph of us stood in front of our tree on Christmas Day, possibly with an instamatic camera so that we can turn it into a tree decoration, but if Santa doesn’t bring me an Instax *cough cough* then just having the photograph itself will be perfect. I want this to be something we can do year after year to see how much we have changed, and if we start a family, I think it will be really precious to watch us all grow and change.
My inner child kicked in last month too and I decided that I wanted us to have stockings. I think there was some suspicion from the boy that I only wanted to force a stocking on him because I wanted one myself – it is possible that there is some truth in this. But what’s more fun that waking up on Christmas morning and sitting together opening small tokens from each other that mean something, along with the standard Terry’s Chocolate Orange because, well, it’s Christmas!
I also have a crazy sweet tooth and while I don’t like Christmas cake or pudding (I know, the horror!) I do adore that cinnamon-clovey taste of Christmas so I’m going to make us our very own special cake. I’m not certain just what it is I want to make yet but I’ll be going to my grandmas to do some baking nearer Christmas and will come up with something before then while I’m making some foody gifts for friends and family – another thing I love to do every year.
As I’ve got older, I’ve realised just how precious family is and I want to spend as much time with mine as I can over the festive period, showing them just how much I appreciate them. Over the years to come I know that our list of traditions will grow and I can’t wait! I’m also open to any new suggestions so if you have any, shout away!
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and I will see you all on the other side *mwah*

Ellen lives in the wonderful county of Yorkshire, England with her husband where she spends most of her time with her nose in her laptop, a book or plate of food. 

Legal secretary and daydreamer by day, writer and serial tweeter by night, Ellen finally decided to put all the magic in her head to some use one day and put finger to laptop where The Story of Us was born and became her debut novel. Four novels later, the daydreams are still going strong, thankfully!

She loves to travel and enjoys taking her readers on a journey to escape with her, in whatever country or village she decides on next.

You can find Ellen Faith on Facebook | Twitter | ellenfaith.com



Post a Comment