Christmas on Becca's Books | Festive Favourites with Jenny Oliver

~ Festive Favourites ~

By Jenny Oliver

Best things about winter

-    The log burner at my parent’s house in Cornwall. You don’t need TV when it’s lit, you can just sit and stare at the flames for hours.


-    I have a real passion for scarves! A big orange tartan one has been a favourite for a while now but I think it might get gazumped this Christmas because I’ve already dropped loads of hints about one for sale in my sister’s shop.

Favourite Christmas memories

- There are so many, but perhaps my most recent favourite was when they brought reindeer to our hight street Christmas fair last year. My little boy, who was nine months old at the time, went absolutely wild for them. He couldn’t believe his luck. The estate agent next door was giving out free bubbly which made it even more perfect!


 If you could be in any Christmas film which would it be

- Maybe A Muppet Christmas Carol. I’d really like to revisit some of my Christmas pasts and I could certainly have a peek at a Christmas future (although even as I write this I can tell that wouldn’t be a wise idea.) And I’d get to see what I looked like as one of the muppets.

What’s your desert island Christmas essential?

- All the paraphernalia for writing Christmas cards. I love them and can’t bring myself to stop sending them.

Christmas should make you…

- Press pause on your life and take some time to have a mince pie and a cup of tea and wrap some lovely presents with a Christmas film on in the background.

Which book did you most enjoy this year?

- I was lucky enough to get my hands on a proof copy of Missing, Presumed by @susiesteiner1 which I just couldn’t put down and am itching to find out if there is a sequel. It’s crime that’s so cleverly written without cliche, believable, fresh and completely engrossing. It’s out next year and definitely worth a read.

Any Christmas rules?

- I have so many Christmas rules! Haha. When I was little I’d be devastated if Christmas didn’t go exactly to plan but I’m a little more relaxed now.

I wish you all the loveliest, most perfect Christmas!

Jenny x

Jenny Oliver is the author of the bestselling Cherry Pie Island series. The first five books - The Grand Reopening of Dandelion Cafe, The Vintage Ice Cream Van Road Trip, The Great Allotment Proposal, One Summer Night at the Ritz and Four Weddings and a White Christmas are out NOW! Mouthwatering, feel-good and perfect for curling up with on long winter nights.
Jenny Oliver wrote her first book on holiday when she was ten years old. Illustrated with cut-out supermodels from her sister's Vogue, it was an epic, sweeping love story not so loosely based Dynasty. 
Since then Jenny has gone on to get an English degree and a job in publishing that's taught her what it takes to write a novel (without the help of the supermodels). She wrote her first book The Parisian Christmas Bake Off on the beach in a notebook that would end up covered in sand each afternoon and damp from the sea. This time the inspiration was her addiction to macaroons, the belief she can cook them and an all-consuming love of Christmas. When the decorations go up in October, that's fine with her! 

You can find Jenny Oliver on Twitter | jennyoliverbooks.com






Post a Comment