Christmas on Becca's Books | 'My Best Christmas Memory' by Holly Martin

~ 'My Best Christmas Memory' ~

By Holly Martin

My best Christmas memory was when my parents rented a house in Scotland for the week in a tiny village. I have no idea where it was and even my parents differ on where it was as we had many a holiday in Scotland in lots of different places when we were kids. My parents remember it as the time when the snow came down and we couldn’t get out the village to go to the shops to get the food. I remember it as the week we went to the pub every day for breakfast lunch and dinner, even on Christmas Day. I remember that everyone in the village was in there too and we were welcomed like family every time we went in there. I remember the pub had the most amazing ginger cake that I’ve never tasted anything like it since. I remember taking our dog Bob for long walks in the snow and the snow was so deep we would often lose him in big drifts. I remember coming in and sitting by a real log fire and spend hours just sitting there watching the flames crackle and spark. I remember worrying that Santa wouldn’t be able to find us but somehow he did. I remember building snowmen and going sledging on Christmas Day. I remember Bob running up the hill with us and chasing us down the hill as we soared past on our sledges but when we tied the sledge to him to take it back up the hill he flat refused to move. I remember the board games we would play, that we play every Christmas, that my mom never gets but somehow always wins. I remember laughing so hard at the games that my face and sides were hurting. I remember, as with every year, we always buy each other giant Toblerones and go to extraordinary lengths to hide the triangular shaped boxes. I remember crying when we left because the whole week had been completely magical and I remember vowing that one day I would go back. I just hope that when I have my own family one day that I can find this place, that The Star is still open and they still serve that amazing ginger cake.

If you're looking for some fabulously festive & cosy reads this Christmas, then I can highly recommend Holly Martin's White Cliff Bay series!



I've recently read both of these gorgeous books and I can tell you right now that they are the perfect addition to any reader's bookshelf this Christmas! Both full of romance, festive fun and lovable characters, Holly Martin's White Cliff Bay stories, set in the same week as each other, will ensure you're feeling merry when the big day finally rolls around! Both have been reviewed on Becca's Books, so feel free to pop over & take a look at what I thought!


Holly lives in sunny Bedfordshire in a house with round windows. She studied media at university which led to a very glitzy career as a hotel receptionist followed by a even more glamorous two years working in a bank. The moment that one of her colleagues received the much coveted carriage clock for fifteen years' service was the moment when she knew she had to escape. She quit her job and returned to university to train to be a teacher. Three years later, she emerged wide eyed and terrified that she now had responsibility for the development of thirty young minds. She taught for four years and then escaped the classroom to teach history workshops, dressing up as a Viking one day and an Egyptian High Priestess the next. But the long journeys around the UK and many hours sat on the M25 gave her a lot of time to plan out her stories and she now writes full time, doing what she loves.

Holly has been writing for 6 years. She was shortlisted for the New Talent Award at the Festival of Romance. Her short story won the Sunlounger competition and was published in the Sunlounger anthology. She won the Carina Valentine's competition at the Festival of Romance 2013 with her novel The Guestbook. She was shortlisted for Best Romantic Read, Best eBook and Innovation in Romantic Fiction at the Festival of Romance 2014.

You can find Holly Martin on Facebook | Twitter | hollymartinwriter.wordpress.com
You can find Christmas at Lilac Cottage on -
You can find Snowflakes on Silver Cove on -










Post a Comment