Christmas on Becca's Books | 'My Top 5 Christmas Songs' by Victoria Walters

My Top Five Christmas Songs ~

By Victoria Walters

Christmas is my favourite time of the year and music plays a large part in that. I love shopping with all the sparkly decorations around and the festive tunes providing a soundtrack. Choosing just five of my favourites has proved to be a tough ask but I've narrowed them down. I think ... yes this is my top five ... I mean, maybe I should add in .... Nope, really, this is it *ahem*...

Number five:

This Christmas - Christina Aguilera 

I first heard this song on the Ally McBeal Christmas special and I love Ms Aguilera's interpretation of it. It's a jazzy, festive tune that always gets me in the mood for the season. Probably not as well know as the other songs here in the UK but it should be!

Number Four:

Do They Know It's Christmas - Band Aid

Growing up in the eighties meant this song was as ingrained in me as the Beatles and it's just one of those songs you know the words to without even trying to learn them. A great song with a worthy cause behind it, this song is always played everywhere during the festive season here in the UK.

Number Three:

I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard

This is just a brilliantly bonkers Xmas tune by a bonkers band and one to sing along very loudly to! I also love the Girls Aloud version too (they have an excellent Christmas album actually!)

Number Two:

Merry Christmas Everyone - Slade

I've heard this song so many times but you can't help singing and dancing along to it especially after a couple of glasses of mulled wine ;) It's just a great, fun Christmas song that had to be high on my list and if you pay close attention when reading my novel The Second Love Of My Life (out April 2016!!!) you may just find it pops up ;)

Number One:

All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey

This was a complete no-brainer for me, this is my ultimate Christmas tune and I love it!! It's so festive, perfect to sing along with and sums up the whole season. In fact, Mariah's Xmas album is also my favourite to listen to at this time of year - she is the festive queen!

But I'm going to cheat a little bit because it was so hard to choose just five favourites - I'm going to share my Christmas Spotify playlist, which has all my favourites on it:


What are your favourite festive tunes? Have I missed any from my playlist?

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful festive season! *skips off singing and dancing*

You can find Victoria Walters on Twitter | victoria-writes.com



Post a Comment