Christmas on Becca's Books | Three Christmas Wishes by Phillipa Ashley

~ Three Christmas Wishes ~

By Phillipa Ashley

DEAR SANTA…

Bring me the presents that money can’t buy (apart from one)
                                                              
Becca asked me which three Christmas wishes I’d like to come true. Now, obviously, we all want world peace but it looks like Santa might have to put that one on hold again this year.
So, like most of us, I’d settle for all my family sitting round the dinner table safe and well. But… that isn’t possible either because for the first time ever since we were married, there will be someone missing. Sadly, my lovely, kind, sweet mum-in-law passed away in May. So this Christmas will be bittersweet, but I know that she’s the last person who would want us to be sad and so for her sake, we’ll raise a Snowball (her favourite tipple), toast her memory and smile.
OK. Here’s my Christmas list.

1. Dear Santa, I’d like a VW Campervan please. No, not the vintage kind with a split screen and funky paint job. Yes, I know they look cool and often come with a bunch of toned, tanned surf dudes. I also know that they are hell to drive. I know this because we once hired one as research for my book, It Should Have Been Me. We loved the van itself – as long as it was parked. So for my birthday, my husband hired me a modern VW T5 conversion.

2. I’d love to see a copy of my next book. I don’t know exactly when that will be yet but I can tell you is it’s set in Cornwall.

3. I’d like my husband, daughter and her partner to have at least 3 months off work and for them to spend it here with me, in an endless series of Christmas Eves, until the tree has lost all its needles and the clocks go forward.

Not much to ask, is it, Santa?
Lots of Love,
Phillipa xxx


Phillipa Ashley studied English at Oxford , before working as a copywriter and journalist. Her first novel, 'Decent Exposure' won the Romantic Novelists Association New Writers Award and in 2009, it was filmed as a US TV movie called '12 Men of Christmas' starring Kristin Chenoweth and Josh Hopkins. Her latest novel, 'Miranda's Mount' won Best Ebook at the Festival of Romance Reader Awards 2012 and It Happened One Night was shortlisted in 2013.

Phillipa also writes as Pippa Croft - The First Time We Met, the first in a series of sizzling glamorous romances set at Oxford University is published by Penguin in early 2014.

She lives in a Staffordshire village with her husband and daughter and when she's not writing, loves walking in the Lake District and bodyboarding in Cornwall.

You can find Phillipa Ashley on Facebook | Twitter | phillipa-ashley.com











1 comment :

  1. Thanks for having me, Becca. A very merry Christmas to you and the blog!

    ReplyDelete