Christmas on Becca's Books | Top 5 Christmas Movies with Jennifer Joyce

~ Top 5 Christmas Movies ~

With Jennifer Joyce

I’m a massive fan of Christmas movies, whether they’re feel-good, funny, animated, big-budget or made-for-TV. My Christmas decorating isn’t complete until my festive DVD collection has been lined up on a shelf, taking pride of place, though they’re usually the first things to go up, weeks before the actual decorations – there are just too many fantastic festive films to get through in December alone so I start in November (and it hurts to leave them alone until then).
So it was a difficult task narrowing it down to my top 5. There are so many to choose from and so many that I love, whether because they’re comforting old favourites, make my stomach ache from laughing or have a special story behind why I adore them so much.
But I somehow chose my top 5 and here they are:
The Santa Clause
I love the element of magic you get with The Santa Clause and there’s something for everyone in there: fun, sarcastic humour, silliness and a feel-good factor that’s off the charts. It’s a proper family film with a sprinkling of magic.


 Elf
Again, this is a great film for the whole family to sit down to watch together. Buddy is hilariously naïve while his father is your typical festive Scrooge-like character who needs to learn the true meaning of Christmas. Plus, any festive film set in New York is a winner to me.

Eve’s Christmas
This isn’t one of the big-budget Christmas movies but, for me, it’s just as good as any of the cinema-released festive films and I watch it every Christmas Eve. It has everything I could ever wish for in a Christmas movie: festive fun with a good dose of magic.

Home Alone 2: Lost In New York
Of course I love the original Home Alone too but the added New York element pushes this one to the top for me. In fact, I spent Christmas in New York in 2011 because of this film! And yes, I did get lost.


 Jingle All The Way
If pushed, I would be probably choose Jingle All The Way as my very favourite Christmas movie. It’s just pure, silly fun and I love it, from the mad dash around the shops on Christmas Eve to the massive parade at the end. Plus, it’s the only time I will ever laugh at a reindeer getting punched in the face.

So they’re my top 5 Christmas movies – but which are your favourites?

Jennifer Joyce is a writer of romantic comedies. She's been scribbling down bits of stories for as long as she can remember, graduating from a pen to a typewriter and then an electronic typewriter. And she felt like the bee's knees typing on THAT. She now writes her books on a laptop (which has a proper delete button and everything).

Jennifer lives in Manchester with her husband and their two daughters. Her novels A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO SALAD and EVERYTHING CHANGES BUT YOU are out now.

You can find Jennifer Joyce on Facebook | Twitter | jenniferjoycewrites.co.uk
You can find The Mince Pie Mix-Up on -








Post a Comment