Christmas on Becca's Books | Top 5 Christmas Movies by Hannah

~ Top 5 Christmas Movies ~

By Hannah

Hi everyone! 

First of all before I get stuck into this post about my top five Christmas movies I just wanted to say a massive thank you to the lovely Rebecca for having me on board! 

Now it was only when I sat down to write this post that I realised what a challenge I had set myself to select my top five Christmas movies. I mean, let’s be honest, there are some absolutely incredible ones out there, which therefore makes it so difficult to choose. But, I’ve finally done it and my top five, in no particular order, are as follows…

1. Elf 
This is by far one of my favourite Christmas movies that I loved the very first time I watched it on TV and continue to love today. This film is basically about this guy called Buddy who was raised amongst Santa’s elves in the North Pole, but realising it’s not where he belongs he travels to New York in search of his biological father, with many chaotic but hilarious events happening along the way. If you haven’t seen Elf you really, really should as even now, after several views, it still has me laughing my head off and leaves me with a massive grin on my face. It’s one of those films that I don’t think will ever get old! 

2. Home Alone
I couldn’t write this post without mentioning this film, right? This is again one of those films that I’ve watched countless times but don’t think I will ever get bored of! In short, during this we see a young boy, Kevin, hilariously and skillfully defending his home from burglars after his family somehow manage to jet off to Paris without him. If you haven’t seen this film where have you been? It’s seriously great and should definitely be one you put down on your to watch list this festive season.

3. The Snowman
Now this film is beautiful, one that I pretty much know off by heart but one that I will never tire of watching. This film shouldn’t need an explanation but it’s about a snowman who comes to life at night and who ends up, with the young boy that made him, going on a journey through the skies to a snowmen’s party where they meet Santa and his reindeer. I think I love pretty much everything about this Christmas movie as it’s so magical and one that so much thought and imagination went into producing. And, of course, who could possibly forget the beautiful soundtrack - Walking in the Air. Excellent!

4. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
This is another Christmas film that has me in stitches whenever I watch it. I really do find it very entertaining and it is a film which is, in my eyes at least, a Christmas classic which I’m certain to watch this year. In this film we see Clark determined to have a perfect christmas with his family, a tree and decorations galore but things soon start to descend into hilarious chaos with the unplanned arrival of his cousin’s family who turn up to live on Clark’s property in their campervan. They normally show this one on TV every year so do keep your eyes peeled for it!

5. Miracle on 34th Street
Here we have yet another great Christmas film that I’m really looking forward to watching over the coming festive season. In this film we see Kris Kingle fill in for an intoxicated Santa during Macy’s annual Thanksgiving Day parade and he takes to the role so well that he starts making a regular appearance at the store in Manhattan. However, after Kris comes out and claims that he really is Santa a court case then occurs to determine whether he is not only sane but telling the truth. Unlike the other films I’ve chosen this is a bit different in so much as it deals with some real issues and is not always quite as light, but it’s still brilliant and one that fully deserves a place on this list and it’s, therefore, one that I’d highly recommend. 

That’s it folks - my top five Christmas films! This post turned out to be a bit longer than I anticipated so if you’re still with me thanks for reading and I wish you all a very safe and happy Christmas!

You can find Hannah on Twitter | hannahreviewingbooks.blogspot.co.uk


Post a Comment