Christmas on Becca's Books | Top 5 Christmas Books and Covers by Rachel

~ Top 5 Christmas Books and Covers ~

By Rachel, Rachales Reads

One Minute To Midnight by Amy Silver
I don’t know if this is cheating, as this book is technically about New Years and not Christmas, but I count the Christmas period from Christmas Eve (unless I finish work earlier) until January 2nd, so I’m counting it. This cover is one of my favourite of all time, not just the festive period so had to be included. The fireworks, the pinks and blues, the scenery of London that’s almost in silhouette but not quite… it’s so incredibly pretty. The story inside is pretty awesome too, a little sad at times, but ultimately heartwarming.

The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Lisa Dickenson
I absolutely adore the baubles on the cover of this book, The gold foil snowflakes and London eye against the turquoise sky and the silhouette of the London skyline and the white snow. Perfectly wintery and Christmassy. The typography as well is just beautiful. This book is so funny, definitely one to check out if you want to lift your mood in the run up to christmas.

A Girl’s Best Friend by Lindsey Kelk
This Cover is simply the cover equivalent of comfort food. The perfect scenario of chilling on the sofa with your best friend, some hot chocolate (or sneaky mulled wine) in front of the Christmas tree as the main focus. Add to that the discreet New York skyline in the background and a few gold sparkles on the cover, it’s instantly appealing. The book is equally as amazing as the third book in the ‘Girl’ series, it definitely gives Lindsey’s ‘I Heart’ series some competition as my favourite series.

Snowdrops At The Star and Sixpence by Holly Hepburn
This cover is simple and the like a traditional painting but still incredibly beautiful. It seems so detailed, that every time I look at it I see something new that catches my eye. I absolutely adored this story, though short as it’s a novella, I would like to revisit Nessie and Sam in a full length book to know more of the village and especially Sam and Nessie’s past.

The Great Christmas Knit Off by Alexandra Brown
This cover is so so adorable. Everything looks hand stitched on, reminds me of the couple of nintendo games that had a similar aesthetic. They had two slightly different covers for this depending on ebook or physical book and I can’t choose between them, I’m edging towards the red background for the ebook copy, but there’s no harm in owning two of the same book right? I absolutely loved this book, and am excited for the second in the series, which I hope to get round to soon.

You can find Rachel on Twitter | rachalesreads.com

Post a Comment