Christmas on Becca's Books | Top 5 Christmas Songs by Jaimie Admans

~ Top 5 Christmas Songs ~

By Jaimie Admans

As soon as I volunteered to choose my top five Christmas songs on Becca’s Books this year, I knew I’d made a mistake! Christmas songs are no problem, however narrowing my favourite down to just five? Impossible! I listen to a lot of Christmas music, internet radio stations that play Christmas music twenty-four hours a day are my constant background noise from October onwards, and there are very few Christmas songs I don’t love, so I hope you’ll forgive me for my cheating ways!


1 – My Favourite Time of Year by The Florin Street Band
This is totally my top Christmas song, it’s so traditional, warm and catchy. I love the old-fashioned video and singing along too. Best Christmas song ever!


2 – Mariah Carey!
You can’t beat a bit of warbling along to Mariah at Christmas time, although it’s impossible to choose my favourite by her, so here’s my top three Mariah Christmas songs! (Yes, this still counts as one of my top five! Cheating? What cheating?)

Miss You Most At Christmas Time

Joy to the World

O Come O Ye Faithful



3 – Fairytale of New York
This was actually my favourite Christmas song for many years! It’s great for singing along to, and particularly good fun when trying to do both parts of the duet by yourself!


4 – December Song
This is such a lovely song. I’m not particularly a fan of George Michael but the lyrics of this are gorgeous, it takes me right back to childhood, and the video is captivating.


5 – My Grown-Up Christmas List – Kelly Clarkson
There have been loads and loads of covers of this song, but Kelly’s is definitely my favourite, probably because I’ve heard it over and over again on North Pole Radio over the last few years!


5 (again) – Lady Antebellum – Silver Bells
I’d not heard of Lady Antebellum before I came across their Christmas album, On This Winter’s Night, a couple of years ago, but since then it’s become one of my favourite Christmassy things to listen to. They do great cover versions of well-known classics, I love them all, but Silver Bells is probably my favourite one!


5 (still!) – Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town – Michael Bublé
Surely no list of favourite Christmas songs would be complete without mentioning Mr Bublé?! Bublé at Christmas is festive law, just like overindulgence in mince pies and hot chocolate with marshmallows!



Jaimie Admans is a 30-year-old English-sounding Welsh girl with an awkward-to-spell name. She lives in South Wales and enjoys writing, gardening, drinking tea, and watching horror movies. She loves autumn and winter, and singing songs from musicals despite the fact she sounds like a dying hyena. She hates spiders and cheese & onion crisps. She spends far too much time on Twitter and owns too many pairs of boots. She will never have time to read all the books she wants to read. She has been writing for years but has only recently plucked up the courage to tell anyone.

You can find Jaimie Admans on Facebook | Twitter | jaimieadmans.com



Post a Comment