Christmas on Becca's Books | Top 5 Christmas Songs with Em, Always Opinionated

~ Top 5 Christmas Songs ~

With Em, Always Opinionated
Do they know it's Christmas? - Bandaid
The first song I thought of when thinking about my favourite Christmas songs was this one. The original, not the recent cover. I really like this song and I like the idea behind the creation of this song. At Christmas time, most of us are so focused on ourselves and our families that we forget about those who aren't as lucky, so this is a thoughtful reminder. However on top of that, this song is super catchy and good fun to sing along to.

Last Christmas - Wham!
This is a feel good Christmas song which never fails to make me smile, as it has some great memories attached. One year, our teachers at school decided to raise money for charity by a filming a music video for a Christmas song and this was the one they chose. They raised lots of money as almost every student wanted to pay to view this hilarious video. Whenever I hear this song, I think of that moment, laughing with my friends and hundreds of other students at my teachers doing overdramatic acting and silly dance moves.

Mistletoe and Wine - Cliff Richard
This song was introduced to me by my Grandma who is a die hard Cliff Richard fan as she has loved him since she was a teenager and went to one of his concerts this year. This song always reminds me of her whenever I am, which is nice. The other thing I love about this song is it's traditional and family feel, it makes me think about all the memories I have of previous Christmases.

Happy Xmas  (War is over) - John Lennon
I don't really know why I like this song, but I do. There's just something about it's nice message and catchy tune. It seems to be included on most Christmas CDs and I listen to it every single year whilst I help decorate the tree and make the house all Christmassy. This song has a powerful message and inspires me to make a better start in the new year.

All I want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
How can anyone not like this Christmas song? It's such a feel good song and is perfect for dancing and singing along to with your friends. This song is just a Christmas classic for me and it can't really be Christmas without this song. It's catchy tune and fun lyrics make it impossible to resist, not matter who you are. Everyone secretly (or not so secretly) loves a good bit of Mariah Carey at Christmas time.

You can find Always Opinionated on Twitter | alwaysopinionated.wordpress.com

Post a Comment