Farewell, 2015!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!
And a HAPPY NEW YEAR for the arrival of 2016 tomorrow, too.

In today's post, I'll be saying a fond farewell to the wonderfulness that has been the year 2015. In fact, for the first time in a long time, I've loved a year so much that I really don't want to let it go. 2015 has been full of magic for me. I've learnt a lot about myself, I've learnt a lot about other people, but most importantly, I've learnt that actually, despite what other people have thought or said about me in the past, I am capable of something. And that, my dear friends, is a feeling to treasure.

So first thing's first, 2015 has been the year in which my first novel with Carina UK, Return to Bluebell Hill, was published. Even now, as I sit here, as close as I can possibly get to the radiator because it's freaking freeeeeezing, I can't actually believe that that happened. Publication day also fell on Mum's birthday, so as you can imagine, there were lots of reasons to celebrate that day, and celebrate we did. Still on the subject of writing and Carina, a couple of months ago I was offered a second two-book deal with them, which of course had my eyes popping out of their sockets. I finished writing my second novel, A Home in Sunset Bay, which is due to be published on February 9th 2016, and coming up very soon will be a cover reveal of that same novel, a cover reveal that has got me very, very excited! I hope you'll stay posted for that, because I can't wait to share it with you all! To sum up this bookish section, I'm now writing my third novel (title is top secret for now!) and will be beginning my fourth in the next month or so. *takes deep breath* I know, right? S-U-R-R-E-A-L.

2015 has also been the year in which I widened my reading selections too, and that's always exciting. Despite romance being my first love, this year I've stepped into crime thriller, psychological thriller and more horror (a genre that I've always enjoyed). It's been exciting in terms of reading. I've been introduced to some wonderful new authors who I perhaps wouldn't have picked up previously, and found myself waiting excitedly for releases from authors who I've loved previously too. On that note, there are some incredible books coming out in 2016 that I cannot wait to get my hands on, and if you fancied checking those out you can find them on my 2016 releases page which is right here.

I've learnt a lot about myself this year too. I've learnt that, despite what people have previously thought or said about me, I am actually capable of achieving something. I've learnt that I'm much braver than I originally thought I was, that there's nothing wrong with self-belief. There's also nothing wrong with self-love or confidence either, despite what people may think or say about that subject. I've learnt that I can't please everyone. I've learnt that, actually, I don't want to. I've learnt that I am in complete control of my life and my happiness, and if I want to say no, then I can. I've learnt that I won't always be everyone's cup of tea, and that's fine. I've learnt that the best things in life can't be bought, and some of the most happiest moments of 2015 have proved that statement. Basically, dear friends, I've learnt a lot of lessons that I feel I needed to be taught to help me on my way. It's amazing what can happen in a year, is it not?

So there you have it. It may or may not seem like a lot, but I have loved 2015 immeasurably. I hope yours has been brilliant too? Will you be entering 2016 with resolutions? If so, what are those resolutions? Do you feel confident that you'll stick with them? I won't be making any this year, all except one, and that's to be more organised, something I always fail miserably at! Let me know. What are you looking forward to in 2016? Do you have special plans coming up?

Whatever the New Year holds in store for us all, I really hope you enter with a smile on your face.
Here's to an excellent 2016! *raises glass*




1 comment :

  1. Happy New Year lovely lady!

    I have learned some similar things to yourself this year! I've had a mixed 2015 but definitely ending it feeling happier!

    I always make resolutions but not sure I will this year maybe I'll just see where it goes and what happens with a few mini goals along the way.

    Have a fab time however you're celebrating the new year. Xxx

    ReplyDelete