Match Me If You Can by Michele Gorman

Title - Match Me If You Can
Author - Michele Gorman
Publication Date - January 14th 2016
Publisher - Avon
Format - Kindle Edition (Provided via publisher)
Pages - 416

Ever thought about recycling your ex?

Best friends Catherine, Rachel and Sarah are fun, smart, successful and single - just like millions of women with a low tolerance for idiocy in their dates.

Mr. Right hasn't turned up yet, and Mr. Right-Now isn't worth booking a wax appointment for. So when Catherine, London's finest matchmaker, gets Rachel and Sarah to join her dating site where they can recycle their ex-boyfriends in exchange for an upgrade, they soon realise that anything could happen...

Three best friends, proving that sometimes it really isn't you... it's him.

First of all, I'd like to say a massive thank you to the publishers Avon and the author Michele Gorman, for providing me with a review copy of Match Me If You Can.

Match Me If You Can by Michele Gorman was a fantastically fun, flirty and fabulously entertaining novel in which three best friends, Catherine, Rachel and Sarah, set out on their separate courses in life, yet remain alongside each other as they do so. From careers and marriage, to siblings and ex's new women, I thoroughly enjoyed following the best friends as they dealt with the obstacles of life that tumbled into each of their ways along the path to happiness.

Michele Gorman has created and developed some truly wonderful women in her latest rom-com, Match Me If You Can. Catherine, Rachel and Sarah were all smart, sassy, ambitious and driven women who every young woman could certainly do no wrong in aspiring to be like. What I adored most about these three women though, is that not only were they each trying to progress career-wise, but they also had their own troubles too. From the welfare of siblings, to the hunt for the perfect man, Michele provided me with numerous topics to really think about. This wasn't just a book to have a good chuckle about. It was a book that held immeasurable amounts of love and warmth for me as the reader. The characters were the type that you grow to know so well, inside and out, it's impossible for you not to care about their future and wonder where the author will take them next. Even the secondary characters within this novel felt almost as prominent as the primary characters, so brilliantly were they delivered to me. Colourful personalities, distinctive traits and well-defined issues with each of the women helped to keep them separate in my mind, meaning I could follow each of the best friends with tons of enthusiasm towards whatever challenge they faced next.

The pacing of Match Me If You Can was perfect for me. Even while raising issues and ensuring my interest was kept right the way through, I really don't think Michele faltered once. I sped through this book, lapping up every detail of each of the women's' lives, particularly enjoying the parts where the author would take me back in time to visit a certain part of the characters' pasts, in order to show me how they'd been moulded into the person they were today. These memories only made me enjoy the characters even more, and I really did feel as if I knew them completely. Their personalities and behaviour were so well constructed, they were real to me.

Following each of the women through the ups and downs of their life, cheering them on and hoping for the best possible outcome at every turn, this really was a truly enjoyable novel. It was exciting and warm, witty and entertaining, and Catherine, Rachel and Sarah had me turning those pages as quick as anything. I felt completely involved within the separate paths the women took, but adored how these paths returned and crossed throughout the story, in the way that only best friends can do. It was full of friendship and support and hope, and left me with a huge grin on my face.

Becca's Books is awarding Match Me If You Can by Michele Gorman with FOUR gorgeous cupcakes! This is definitely a book you'll want to pick up if you love humour, romance and friendship, and all of the wonderful things between.






  





Post a Comment