Book Review: Cupcakes and Confetti (The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea) by Jane Linfoot


Title - Cupcakes and Confetti
Author - Jane Linfoot
Series - The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea (Book #1)
Publication Date - April 28th 2016 (eBook) July 14th (Paperback)
Publisher - HarperImpulse
Format - eBook (Provided by author)
Pages - 339

Blurb
Brides by the Sea, the cutest little wedding shop in all of Cornwall, has it all, including cake baker Poppy who lives upstairs. But wedding planning is not the piece of cake Poppy thought it would be, and when her best friend Cate's wedding planner walks out, Poppy has to tie up the loose ends so her bestie can tie the knot.

Double-booked venues, 'rustic' locations and gorgeous but grumpy farmer Rafe have this wedding pro feeling like she could be Cate's something 'blue'.

Will the wedding, the shop and the cake all come crashing down on her? Or will Poppy pull it off to give Cate - and herself - the happy ever afters they deserve?

Review
Hurrah! It's the brand new book from the fabulous Jane Linfoot! I feel as if I've been waiting forever for this to arrive, and finally, it's here. Cupcakes and Confetti is the first book in Linfoot's gorgeous new series The Little Wedding Shop by the Sea, and gorgeous it most certainly is. With wedding season approaching, and summer just around the corner, I cannot think of anything more perfect to enjoy than cake-baking, wedding dresses and frolics on Daisy Hill Farm with Jane Linfoot and Poppy.

Cupcakes and Confetti was the most wonderful beginning to Jane's new series. We're introduced to Poppy, Immie and Cate, alongside a colourful cast of characters who I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know. Poppy has recently had her heart broken and now lives above the adorable wedding shop Brides by the Sea, creating beautiful wedding cakes for a living. But, when things for best friend Cate come crashing down, it's up to Poppy to step in and save the day.

One thing I adored about Cupcakes and Confetti was the fantastic focus on friendship. Poppy, Immie and Cate are wonderful women, although with contrasting views on love and weddings, and colours of dresses for that matter. I laughed and smiled as I read about the antics the girls got up to, and when Cate's ideas for her upcoming wedding began to grow out of control, I couldn't help but to laugh some more. The friendship between the three really lifted my heart, and it made me think about my own friends, how much I adore them and how far I'd be willing to go to make them happy. Poppy really goes the extra mile for Cate, when the wedding planner at Daisy Hill Farm drops out. Although it's something Poppy has never done before, it doesn't stop her from sticking on her wellies and getting stuck into the task at hand. I think this displayed perfectly the amount of love Poppy had for Cate, and it made me so happy while reading. There was nothing that could tear these women apart, and their bond only went from strength to strength in the book, despite the ups and downs they each faced along the way.

Daisy Hill Farm? Where on earth do I begin with this place? It was FABULOUS! And when Jane threw hunky Rafe into the mix, I really hoped I'd get to see some fiery chemistry between him and the lovely Poppy. Although, once Poppy had been introduced to the grumpy, moody man himself, these hopes were quickly dashed. The setting of the farm was brilliant. Throughout the course of the book, numerous weddings were held here, each with their own problems popping up which were down to Poppy to handle. With chickens wandering about and swapping her heels for wellies, I adored seeing how Poppy adjusted to her new life on the farm. Jane's descriptions brought the scene beautifully to life for me and I felt as if I was right there with the characters, including the bridezillas.

From beginning to end, this was an utterly charming novel with equally charming characters who I adored spending time with. Jane's gorgeous writing style and Poppy's hilarious frolics through Daisy Hill Farm ensured that this was a thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable read that left me with a massive smile on my face by the time I turned the last page. An uplifting, amusing and romantic read, with icing sugar on top, and perhaps some sprinkles too. If that cover doesn't capture your attention, then Poppy's life certainly will.

Becca's Books is awarding Cupcakes and Confetti by Jane Linfoot with four of my bookish stars! Like the layers of a very good cake, Cupcakes and Confetti was beautifully crafted. A deliciously scrumptious treat that will warm your heart inside out. Jane Linfoot has got out the mixing-bowl and whipped up a truly gorgeous story. Moreish and sweet, you won't be able to get enough.








Post a Comment