You've gotta' do what you've gotta' do.


Hello everyone. How're you all keeping?

Today, I'm here to announce that I'm taking a break from Becca's Books and all things book blogging. 2016 so far has really taken it out of me, I won't lie. Sadness. Loss. Illness. Grief. No motivation. It has all, slowly, begun to pile up and I've never felt like taking a step back more. There are some things in life I need to be focusing on right now, myself and my health included, and so that's the way it's going to be. You've gotta' do what you've gotta' do, right? I will of course be reading behind the scenes, and I still have my own books to work on too, both of which are doing a brilliant job of easing my mind and allowing me some peace. Hurray for books, they are the greatest! I just feel like I can't focus on too much right now, and so a break was the option that appealed most. I love book blogging. You know I do. But I think sometimes, you've got to take care of you, and do what you think is for the best, and as of right now, that's something I really need to do.

It hasn't all been doom and gloom. My next book Down on Daffodil Lane arrives August 8th 2016, so that's something incredibly exciting to look forward to! And alongside that, just this weekend gone, Becca's Books won 'best dressed blog' at the second annual Bloggers Bash (you can find out more about that here), which was a huge surprise! I must thank those who voted for Becca's Books again, because you honestly have no idea how thrilled I was to have even been nominated. THANK YOU!

So yes, swings and roundabouts? ;)

I'm not sure how long this break is going to last. Maybe just until everything is okay again, but I don't know when that will be so I'll just have to wait and see. I hope the summer is good to you all and that you make some fabulous new memories to treasure forever, as well as read some wonderful books! I'm hoping for a trip to the zoo soon because I seriously love seeing those animals, especially the elephants. They amaze me! What I really hope to do while I'm away is get back on track with my writing, back on track with myself and hopefully be returned to my cheery, sunny self, who I miss quite a lot you know.

I'll be scheduling tweets etc, and will probably pop in from time to time to see how you're all doing. I won't miss publication day either because you all make it so magical. I can't wait to have another book out there with readers. Just the thought lifts my spirits.

Anyway, I better dash.
Speak soon, lovelies.




4 comments :

  1. Your happiness and health comes first my lovely, take care of yourself we will always be here for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be here when you return, big hugs lovely, look after yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look after yourself & hope to see you back soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big hugs to you, Becca. Your health and well-being must be a priority and I hope you find the peace you are looking for. xx

    ReplyDelete