Book Review: Destination India (The Lonely Hearts Travel Club #2) by Katy Colins

Available on Amazon UK | Amazon US
Title - Destination India
Author - Katy Colins
Publication Date - June 2nd 2016
Publisher - Carina UK
Format - Kindle Edition (Provided by publisher via NetGalley)
Pages - 432

Blurb
Let yourself go...

Starting The Lonely Hearts Travel Club was supposed to be the second chance that gave Georgia Green back her life. She thought it would be just like travelling, but the reality is far from rosy as she realises that starting a new business is definitely not a beach!

So when Georgia finds herself on an impromptu work trip to India she knows something's got to give! Where has the girl gone who fought so hard to rebuild her life?

The land of Bollywood, gorgeous beaches and the Taj Mahal might just hold the key to Georgia finding her stride again... Only she is about to find out that when in India the country calls the shots - not you. But Georgia's not going down that easy!

Join Georgia Green for her next big adventure in Bollywood!

Review
Oh, what an utter delight it was to be back by Georgia Green's side for her next big adventure in India! Already, I cannot wait to get my paws on Destination Chile which arrives 22nd September. The wait, although not too long, seems like it's months away. I'm just itching to gather my backpack and get going with one of my new favourite heroines as she discovers more about life, love and becoming the woman you want to be along the way.

In the second instalment of The Lonely Hearts Travel Club, we head to India with a very flustered Georgia Green as she sets out to discover just what is going wrong with the tours she'd so lovingly organised for her broken-hearted travellers in order for them to find their way again. The reviews are coming in and some of them are not quite as positive as she'd been hoping for. In fact, they're awful! After having put so much time, effort and love into the business, is Georgia Green really going to let a few stinking reviews throw a spanner into the works? I think not! So, rather than sitting back and waiting to see just how bad it's going to get, Georgia braves the journey to India and decides to take it upon herself to figure out where it's all going so drastically wrong. Being an undercover boss is fun, but Georgia knows she's there for one thing and one thing only. She needs to get The Lonely Hearts Travel Club back on track, and quickly.

Gah, there really is nothing quite like a novel that immediately manages to whisk you away before you even realise it yourself. Quite like Destination Thailand, Colins' vivid descriptions and imagery opened up a brand new world in my mind and I adored every moment that I spent within it. I'm not much a traveller myself, having only ever been abroad once upon a time, and so reading books that manage to bring these settings alive is such a gem! Katy's writing allowed me to feel as if I were travelling myself, along with Georgia and the rest of the group. Everything from the sweltering heat to the noise of the traffic, the music and the deliciously spicy food worked together to bring this gorgeous tale completely to life for me and I loved it. There was just so much for me to sink my teeth into and the excitement of discovering this land with Georgia only ever increased as I progressed through the book. I could almost feel the heat on my shoulders, feel the sweat beading my forehead. It felt so REAL and wholly satisfying, whether I was there for real or not. The author's own personal travelling experiences have really lent a talent to Katy Colins and it positively shines through in her writing. I'd even go so far as to saying I am now desperate to head off and do a spot of travelling myself. That's how much of an effect Colins' novels have on me. They make me want to SEE and DO and FEEL and TASTE. They make me want to live life to the full and experience every single little thing possible.

Alongside the fact that India felt like it was on my doorstep throughout my reading of this book, the characters Katy Colins has created for Georgia's second adventure were truly marvellous. Each with their own unique stories as to why they're there, and each entertaining in their very own way, they were a colourful and joyful cast of people for Georgia and myself to meet. Quirky and fresh, I adored being introduced to each of them in turn and felt that by the time the book had reached its end, I'd made a bunch of brand new friends for myself too. There's a few to keep your eye on though, let me warn you, as everything is never as simple as it first appears to be. I won't say too much more because a lot of the fun to be had in this book is figuring it all out for yourself as the story progresses and I wouldn't want to spoilt that for any other potential readers out there who fancy giving joining The Lonely Hearts Travel Club for an adventure of their own!

All in all, I absolutely loved Destination India by Katy Colins and cannot wait for the next book in the series, where Georgia will travel to Chile! I've been bitten by the travel bug and am desperate to see what our fiery leading lady will get up to next! Seeing Georgia tackle the problems that reared their ugly head only made me adore her more and I just know that more of these mischievous antics lie ahead. I, for one, cannot freaking wait! I was so sad to turn the final page of Destination India, but roll on September! The ultimate getaway read this summer. Destined to land in the beach bags of many, I'm sure!

Becca's Books is awarding Destination India by Katy Colins with five of my bookish cupcakes. Addictive, funny and delicious warm, I'm not ready to say goodbye to Georgia Green for a long time yet, and fingers crossed I won't have to. Special thanks to Carina UK and Katy Colins for allowing me a review copy of Destination India in exchange for a fair and honest review.


About the author
Katy Colins completed her first novel 'A Dogs Tale' at the age of 11 which received rave reviews ... from her Grandad and English teacher. This was just the encouragement she needed to carry on writing.

As a qualified journalist with articles published in Company Magazine and The Daily Star she crossed sides to work in Public Relations before selling all she owned to backpack solo around South East Asia and finally put her thoughts into words, writing as she travelled.

Katy currently lives by the sea in France where she is on a one woman mission to educate the French about the necessity and technicalities of making a good cup of tea. When she is not writing about romance, travel and adventure, she loves travelling, catching up with family and friends and convincing herself that her croissant addiction isn't out of control - just yet.

You can find out more about Katy, her writing and her travels on her blog www.notwedordead.com or via twitter @notwedordead.






Post a Comment